Looking for Marketing Ideas

Well, I agree it is a setup, probably, but even if it's sincere, it not answerable. Very broad, general questions, tend to go unanswered on any forum.

What's your best marketing idea?
Now, how do I respond? Do you want the best idea I had, or the best idea that I implemented, or the best idea that actually worked, or the one that I'm working on now, that you'll attempt to beat me to?

Overall, the best marketing idea that I ever had, and sometimes use, is pretty simple. It's hardwork. I mean it that simply. Work hard, you'll make it in this business. Work for 2 hours a day, you'll fail.

Dan

I agree with most of what Dan said, especially the fact that the question is some what difficult to answer for most people.

Also, most people will not answer the question because:

1) Many people don't know where most of their business is coming from. Some do, but many don't.

2) Many people here understand that their answer may not help you. What works for one person may not work for the other. That is just how it is.

My advice would be to focus on one three letter acronym: ROI

Focus on your return on investment. Test different marketing strategies until you are making a ROI you are satisfied with. You don't have to invest money. You can invest time (WORK like Dan called it).

You have to test because what works for one person may not work for the next person. That's just the way it is.

I know of agents that have A LOT of success with postcards. Doesn't mean you will. Some agents are great at networking and don't spend a dime. Doesn't mean it will work best for you.

Test Test Test! I'll shutup now.

Last edited:
I'm an Economics student. I would like to know if the auto insurance industry falls into the monopolistic competition market structure. Does anyone know economics?

AngelaProfitt, Insurances of all kinds are definitely competitive in the U.S. The only exception is one or two states. I cannot think of a state that does not have a mandatory liability coverage law, however. So, in that respect, you could possibly, though not likely, state that such and such state is 'monopolistic'; that is, the state allows coverage for auto owners to be provided ONLY by the state or one or more carriers authorized by the state. If, indeed, there are limited carriers authorized by your state, you can be fairly assured that the non-state carrier has strict limitations as to how to manage claims.

Hello- We have an independent agency in CO and have had tremendous success with a direct mail marketing company by the name of J-Mail, Inc. J-Mail offers a turn-key mailing program for agencies that sends out custom home insurance quotes to consumers at the same time their policy renews. Go to j-mailinc .com for further information. If you cannot tell, I am one of the owners of the marketing company, so we know how to cater to insurance agents needs.

I'm an Economics student. I would like to know if the auto insurance industry falls into the monopolistic competition market structure. Does anyone know economics?

Ditto what Happyface said and since you're an Econ student know the lingo here's your answer "perfect competition".

Event marketing works great. Have a giveaway to draw people in and have them fill out a form that has most of the information you need to get a quote. Be sure they know that you will be quoting them and contacting them within 24 hours and ask if it's ok. Some well say know and you'll get less leads, but quality over quantity. The people you call will actually welcome your contact instead of giving you the run around.

Yea the agency I work for is just now trying out a paid leads program. I guess well see how that works out, seems pretty easy to track what quality quotes were getting out of this. Anybody have any experience in this type of program?

Back