North Carolina PJC

EI4Life

Question: If I have a PJC and my husband gets one a year later, I know that his will not be waived for insurance purposes but does it cancel mine out as well or will mine still remain as a waivable charge. This is my understanding:

Only one allowed per household.

If I have one already noone else in the household can get one, if they do they will be charged for thier violation. (Mine stays in effect - Not charged)

If I were to have a second then I will be charged for both violations.

One PJC per HOUSEHOLD every 3 years. Otherwise BOTH violations are chargeable.

Agree with TeePee (however it's been 2.5 years since I sold any auto ins).

You should ask for this below in order to get yourself the best deal:
1- ask for driving school. It will be reduced to improper equipment. You get one every 3 years per person. I know, I had one, then 2 years later, my wife got a ticket. I had a 4 hour driving school class (kinda of interesting). My wife's ticket was a higher speed, therefore she had an 8 hr driving school class. Contact the DA before court to see if he/she can transfer you over to driving school without having to go to court. You still pay the court fine and school costs, but it only shows up as "improper equipment." You get one per person per 3 years.

2 - Ask for PJC. You only get 1 per household per 3 years.

3 - Contact a lawyer if you have exhausted 1 and 2. Also learn to slow down, because you have received 2 tickets in 3 years by this time.

Stat I heard was for every speeding ticket you get, you have broken the law (speeding) 1,000 times.

Back