Single or Married on App?

When quoting, is it "ok" to put someone as married if for example they have been with spouse for a significant amount of time? Like 5+ years? Poor lady came in today, taking care if sick family member, says she can't afford her monthly pmts. I was checking to see if she was receiving all applicable discounts. I saw she was listed as single, yet always comes in with "husband". Insured stated they have been together over 15 yrs. Could I put she is married on the app??

When quoting, is it "ok" to put someone as married if for example they have been with spouse for a significant amount of time? Like 5+ years? Poor lady came in today, taking care if sick family member, says she can't afford her monthly pmts. I was checking to see if she was receiving all applicable discounts. I saw she was listed as single, yet always comes in with "husband". Insured stated they have been together over 15 yrs. Could I put she is married on the app??

Do they share a joint banking account? Live together? Tell people they are married? I would go ahead and put them as married. If the cars are old, see if they want to change to liability only. Check with your other carriers to see if any of them can offer a better deal.

Back