Covered California Certified Agents: Lets Get Together and BRAINSTORM Some Ideas for 2015

I know a lot of people are down on selling plans from the CALIFORNIA exchange, but I think there could be some real opportunity here. This could be a great way of getting in the door with people to sell SUPPLEMENTS AND LIFE INSURANCE - LONG TERM.

If you are interested in Brainstorming with us and coming up with some solutions, suggestions, past experiences, etc... Lets do a conference call this Thursday @ 4pm ??? (or if another times works better)

I live in the Los Angeles area, but you can be anywhere in California.

IF INTERESTED, PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE HERE OR PM ME :)

Then we could post the results here. If you can't make the call, just post some suggestions here :)

How much experience do you have with Obamacrap and what could you add to a conference call? Some of us already realize the system sucks.

Rick

Hi Greensky. I'm sorry you feel the systems sucks (and you are probably correct!) but rather then focus on the past, I would like to explore ways to try and make some money off the new system while at the same time helping people get insured.

What gets me excited about it is the opportunity to get in front of a lot of people to market all the other products. With the price of insurance leads at $3 - $30, I don't want to spend it ESPECIALLY when they resell those same leads to 5 other people!!!

HERE a lot of people are looking to get help with this Obamacare.. They are coming to you FOR FREE... even better someone is going to pay you $50 - $200 just to help them out while at the same time having the opportunity to sell them your other stuff.

THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO ME!!!!

and yes, I am new to it all BUT you were asking what I have to offer.. The answer are FRESH EYES! A NEW FRESH APPROACH! SOMEONE TO HELP YOU LOOK AT THINGS A LITTLE DIFFERENTLY.

What do I get from you??? Experience, Understanding of the products and a chance to find out How's It's Been Done Before.

(Has the music stopped????)

I spoke to the CoveredCA Board at its September meeting, and provided the members and Exec Dir Peter V. Lee with a collection of complaints from agents who have worked (or tried to work) with the system since this time last year. The Board only hears "good news" from Dir Lee, and at least one Board member was concerned about the tone of the comments I presented as a nicely bound collection.

CoveredCA is in bed with NAHU, which does not represent my, or most other agents', interests. Unfortunately, I don't have the same unlimited resources to be able to attend each Board meeting.

The only truly positive thing to come out of attending and speaking at that Board meeting was having the opportunity to meet and dialogue with Kirk Whelan, the new Director of Sales for CoveredCA. He understands the role agents have to play in the success of CoveredCA and will slowly be incorporating agents into a more dynamic role.

Yeah, we did great at a maximum of 3% commission. If agents are willing to work for damn near free there is no reason for carriers to pay more.

I helped a client get Medi-Cal and wrote on plan off exchange this year. I'm so glad I'm not part of this fiasco.

Oh yeah. Peter Lee can XXXX my XXXX.

Rick

Hi Greensky. I'm sorry you feel the systems sucks (and you are probably correct!) but rather then focus on the past, I would like to explore ways to try and make some money off the new system while at the same time helping people get insured.

What gets me excited about it is the opportunity to get in front of a lot of people to market all the other products. With the price of insurance leads at $3 - $30, I don't want to spend it ESPECIALLY when they resell those same leads to 5 other people!!!

HERE a lot of people are looking to get help with this Obamacare.. They are coming to you FOR FREE... even better someone is going to pay you $50 - $200 just to help them out while at the same time having the opportunity to sell them your other stuff.

THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO ME!!!!

and yes, I am new to it all BUT you were asking what I have to offer.. The answer are FRESH EYES! A NEW FRESH APPROACH! SOMEONE TO HELP YOU LOOK AT THINGS A LITTLE DIFFERENTLY.

What do I get from you??? Experience, Understanding of the products and a chance to find out How's It's Been Done Before.

(Has the music stopped????)

if you're selling obamacare (on-exchange subsidized plans) and these people can't afford health insurance at a standard rate, what makes you think they can afford anything in addition?

i hear there are some big fish in the Medi-Cal market. you may be able to squeeze em for a $5 a month DMO dental plan

if you're selling obamacare (on-exchange subsidized plans) and these people can't afford health insurance at a standard rate, what makes you think they can afford anything in addition?

i hear there are some big fish in the Medi-Cal market. you may be able to squeeze em for a $5 a month DMO dental plan

Don't bother. He hasn't posted in over 4 months. Probably still on a conference call.

Rick

I'd be interested in a conference cal discussion. I would also love to hear from anyone who has been paid for their Medical enrollments. I've been waiting since October 2013!

I've gotten paid on Medi-Cal. Don't tell me if I got paid the right amount, because there is no commission statement to tell me who I got paid for. Just a check from the state controller's office.

I've helped with Obamacare in the past. It is hard work for little pay. Worse yet is you're nervous that Covered Cal or Medi-Cal will go into your applications and screw them all up. I was once excited by the opportunity of cross-selling, but I haven't cross sold a single product to the 30-40 people that I've worked through Obamacare in the 2 years that it has been going on.

Back