Reply Card Vs No Reply Card - That is the Question

Oneputt

Expert
Anyone using a DM flyer or post card for Final Expense (or any product for that matter) that does not have a reply card? If so, what sort of response are you getting, if any?

If I can reach 10 X's the people with a flyer/postcard for the same cost as a drop with a reply card is it a waste of money or are there actually people out there that will pick up the phone and call?

I personally would never call an insurance agent from a post card ........but hey, that's just me and I am not normal and sometimes have to think outside the small box I live in.

I personally would never call an insurance agent from a post card ...

Nor would most.

Repeated tests have shown that with seniors, a "reply card" will far outpull just a phone number. Just about everyone is fearful of having to talk to an "insurance agent" (think Ned Ryerson from Groundhog Day) and won't call.

A website can work well too, but not sure of the feasibility of that with the FE crowd.

Nor would most.

Repeated tests have shown that with seniors, a "reply card" will far outpull just a phone number. Just about everyone is fearful of having to talk to an "insurance agent" (think Ned Ryerson from Groundhog Day) and won't call.

A website can work well too, but not sure of the feasibility of that with the FE crowd.

I did this with a Medicare mailer and included a phone number and reply card. I received about an equal response from both, however it was not even 1%. I tripled my money so it was worth doing. When I was with Equita they put a phone number on the F.E. mailer with a reply card and told me the results were worse than the reply card alone, after testing it in numerous markets.

Reply cards may increase response. But that ain't the total picture.

There is a way around the insurance agent resistance thing with good sales copy and a different qualifying medium added above and beyond the card itself.

Nor would most.

Please share the empirical evidence you have to support your theory.

That's for you to find out by spending your own money testing different ideas; look at what other industries do to generate leads and borrow. It ain't hard.

Bottom line... having more people to see because it's easy for prospects to fill a card out and send it in... does not necessarily equate to a best-usage of your time and money... and... very important... and return on your investment.

I use BRM and have for close to a year now and know it works.

BUT -- you gotta test to figure out on your own if theory stands up to your control. Because all that matters are results, right?

Send out a $255 FE post card and instead of a BRM card just put a phone number and state that all callers get a free "Clapper". Bet that gets more responses then BRM. ha

AARP still gives away AM/FM radio's with ear phones. What senior uses that but they get them because they are "free".

Anyone using a DM flyer or post card for Final Expense (or any product for that matter) that does not have a reply card? If so, what sort of response are you getting, if any?

If I can reach 10 X's the people with a flyer/postcard for the same cost as a drop with a reply card is it a waste of money or are there actually people out there that will pick up the phone and call?

I personally would never call an insurance agent from a post card ........but hey, that's just me and I am not normal and sometimes have to think outside the small box I live in.

I'm sorry you are living in a "small box". :D

I have tried that several times with Med Supps with almost zero phone calls. I have even sent out letters on letterhead, personally addressed with the same results.

I consider it to be a waste of both time and money, at least for the senior market.

I'm with Moon, people are just not going to call an insurance agent because they received a card or a letter.

Send out a $255 FE post card and instead of a BRM card just put a phone number and state that all callers get a free "Clapper". Bet that gets more responses then BRM. ha

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding! Now that is hilarious! :D

Anyone know where I can get those? Wholesale of course?

Back