Email Marketing Site

radiusbob

Guru
100+ Post Club
No this is not Spam. Helpful Site for some, not all:

If we find a solution we both use and like, we like to share. We have used CampaignMonitor.com (Email marketing software for web designers - Campaign Monitor) in the past, but as of last week utilized it for our new e-newsletter 'The Bob Report'...

Forgot how simple and easy it is to use but I think the best part is the metric and reports tracking (cost is hard to beat as well). It will track unique opens, not opened, bounces, click through and unsubscribers.We have multiple lists we send to, one for users and another for those whom signed up for our email newsletters. CM keeps them separate and individualized. The ability to send HTML is a bump up to the straight text format (for an additional fee CM will test it in multiple mail clients: Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, AOL, etc..) Sign up form code can be generated from your account to place on your website.

I know their are a lot of differing opinions on email marketing (different strokes for different folks), but we don't look at email marketing as a huge lead generator but more as a soft sell focused on content and ideas. If our e-newsletter can provide unique insight or additional information that our subscriber base, then it is of value and it may eventually generate leads (but that is not it's main purpose).

Enjoy.

Great recommendation.

Campaign Monitor also has a very nice A/B testing tool that lets you test different parts of your email campaign, like two different subject lines, on a % of your list. It automatically selects a winner based on the criteria you set and uses that email for the rest of the campaign. Very cool and very easy!

Email Marketing is effective, I know of people closing one out of 10 of the "you can never reach" clients, so a sale is better than letting them go.

Well worth it IMO

Back