Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Employee Benefits Forum

Reply to Anything Similar To Aflac ?     
Old 02-29-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
Guru
0b1kanobee on Anything Similar To Aflac ? - Insurance Forum

State: 0b1kanobee is an Insurance Agent from Florida
0b1kanobee is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Anything Similar To Aflac ? Anything Similar To Aflac ?
I was curious to know if there was anything out there similar to Aflac for a NON employee benefit? Say an individual/s would like to have their own standalone plan of some sort. What, if anything could you use instead of Aflac within the same budget or little more but perhaps better benefits.

I actually have an Aflac contract that I got with a fellow buddy insurance agent but I'm not familiar with their offerings. From what I remember, if the individual signs up with their employer or through group (even though the employer may not being paying any part of it) it's slightly cheaper and there is one or two more plans available that they couldn't get as an individual.

I guess what I'm looking for is an Aflac type product for individuals not groups but I'm not sure one exists. Closest I can think is one of these accident plans. However if I'm wrong about the better Aflac offerings with groups then I'd like to know what Aflac can do on an 'individual' basis.

------------------------------------
Good day........pollution control......I'm cleaning up the internet and thought this would be a good place to start.
  Reply With Quote to Anything Similar To Aflac ?

Old 02-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
Guru
Norwayguy on Anything Similar To Aflac ? - Insurance Forum

State: Norwayguy is an Insurance Agent from Maine
Norwayguy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Anything Similar To Aflac ? Re: Anything Similar To Aflac ?
You can get any type of product aflac offers from other carriers for individuals. However you will probably use multiple carrier to recreate the whole product line.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
Guru
rousemark on Anything Similar To Aflac ? - Insurance Forum

State: rousemark is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
rousemark is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by 0b1kanobee View Post
I was curious to know if there was anything out there similar to Aflac for a NON employee benefit? Say an individual/s would like to have their own standalone plan of some sort. What, if anything could you use instead of Aflac within the same budget or little more but perhaps better benefits.

I actually have an Aflac contract that I got with a fellow buddy insurance agent but I'm not familiar with their offerings. From what I remember, if the individual signs up with their employer or through group (even though the employer may not being paying any part of it) it's slightly cheaper and there is one or two more plans available that they couldn't get as an individual.

I guess what I'm looking for is an Aflac type product for individuals not groups but I'm not sure one exists. Closest I can think is one of these accident plans. However if I'm wrong about the better Aflac offerings with groups then I'd like to know what Aflac can do on an 'individual' basis.
Central United Life has a similar line. Almost all their products can be sold worksite or individual. I have been happy with them.

Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:00 AM   #4
Guru
xrac on Anything Similar To Aflac ? - Insurance Forum

State: xrac is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
xrac is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
AGLA offers similar products.

X

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   In which state is Miami Beach ? I agree to forum rules 

Old 02-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #5
Guru

Anything Similar To Aflac ? Re: Anything Similar To Aflac ? 0b1kanobee is the thread starter for: Anything Similar To Aflac ?

Originally Posted by xrac View Post
AGLA = American General Life and Accident (for the record)

Good day........pollution control......I'm cleaning up the internet and thought this would be a good place to start.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #7
Guru

Originally Posted by xrac View Post
Yeah.. I offer them too..Really like their cancer at younger ages.. But if I had to choose between them, I would choose CUL. More products including a blue collar DI that has simplified underwriting.. 5 - 10 times better renewals
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Originally Posted by STIBROKER View Post
That's Frank's company.

Last edited by rousemark; 02-29-2012 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Posts merged
Old 02-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #8
Guru

Anything Similar To Aflac ? Re: Anything Similar To Aflac ? 0b1kanobee is the thread starter for: Anything Similar To Aflac ?

Originally Posted by rousemark View Post
Central United Life has a similar line. Almost all their products can be sold worksite or individual. I have been happy with them.
Could you post their main website link? I have Googled for it but haven't been able to narrow down which one is specific to CUL.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #9
Guru

Originally Posted by 0b1kanobee View Post
Could you post their main website link? I have Googled for it but haven't been able to narrow down which one is specific to CUL.
Manhattan Insurance Group | Innovative Life Insurance and Health Insurance Products

They are part of the Manhattan Life Group. They normally cross license you with their companies.. But CUL is the only one I have dealt with. Manhattan Life has an interesting history. They started in 1850 and paid claims to insureds on both sides of the War of Northern Aggression. They also issued the first policy ever issued on a woman in the US.

Their number is 800-669-9030

My MGA is Lou Barber out of Memphis. 800-752-3419. I like working through Lou. He leaves me alone but if I call him he is always willing to help.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #10
Guru

Thanks
I also like interesting history of companies I deal with and my prospects seem to as well. Those you mentioned are some good talking points.

Reply to Anything Similar To Aflac ? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Employee Benefits Forum

Tags
group dental