Get Ready For New Plans

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
Most of the national carriers have their new plan developed inside and outside the exchange. I would expect each plan to filed with the states around May.

Everything you know about health insurance, you can throw out the door. We are going to be entering a area of health care management. The lines between Payer and health care provider are about to get blurred.

Next year, wait times to see a GP will go from about 3 week to 9 weeks.

There will be some hospitals and Doctor groups that are about loose. The Narrow networks are going to funnel a lot of members to those health care providers.

If you are writing business you better have your game together. This could be the biggest opportunity for a small group and Individual producers ever!

Agreed. In NC, companies have to file with DOI in April. Not sure if that info will be made public or not. If it is, we will have an idea of how aggressive each player will be.

My main carrier told me today it won't be any fun to be a single health man in his 20-30's. Rates could double. For those over 50-55, rates could come down.

Also nice to know your family policy will have maternity for everyone; you, your spouse, your kids...

If you are writing business you better have your game together. This could be the biggest opportunity for a small group and Individual producers ever!

No one is talking commissions yet. That's bad news. It means we are an afterthought. Afterthoughts get s***.

They are going to try to do it without us.

6 months out from the "biggest opportunity ever" and no one is recruiting. No one is training. No one even knows what commissions are going to be.

Think about it. If you are a national carrier on the cusp of the greatest enrollment drive in the history of insurance you would be recruiting and hiring like mad. It's crickets chirping.

My inbox get filled 100X a day with offers for annuity contracts, med supp contracts, term contracts, DI contracts, LTC contracts, FE contracts... Everything but IFP health contracts. Why?

I remember back in '06-'07 when Med Advantage came out. 4 page app, no UW, $0 premium and $400 a pop advanced. There was a flurry of activity at the agent level. That's not happening this time around. There is a reason for it. Figure it out...

Focus LTC think of this...maybe crickets chirpin because rollin this out is logistically and fiscally impossible on many levels?!

For those over 50-55, rates could come down.

I fail to see how this can happen.

GI alone is enough to almost double existing rates. Add in the elimination of high deductible HSA type plans and I don't see anyone's rates will drop.

If you are a national carrier on the cusp of the greatest enrollment drive in the history of insurance you would be recruiting and hiring like mad.

Don't see this happening.

More folks enrolled in high cost plans IF they get a heavy subsidy. Those without subsidies will drop coverage unless they are really sick.

This is not a carrier windfall.

I am being recruited daily by the carriers I write for now.

They want my production.

I have sales reps calling me and emailing weekly, just to check in with me.

There is no doubt I have real concerns about the comp in the exchange. Give me $330 a per contract and $220 trail and I will run with it.

Screw around and say $50 and no trail, then the game is up.

The exchanges won't work with $50 or even $100 comp even with GI. No trails either, won't work. Let Obama figure it out. Its his poopie diaper.

Actually, I like the attention when they call over and over just to make sure you'll still write with them.

But..GET OUT OF INDY HEALTH SALES!!!!! If you rely on it and you don't have the three biggest factors in your hip pocket, you're done.

Diversification is fine but do NOT RELY ON INDIVIDUAL HEALTH INSURANCE SALES for the bulk of your income.

In other news...

Chumps you still talking trash.

The individual market is about to explode!

Do you want make a bet?

Back