57 Year Old Aneurysm 1 Year Ago

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
Got a guy 57 would have been prfd non smoker a year and a half ago.

a year ago December he had a brain aneurysm. Died, came back, in a coma for a month. He has only been out of the hospital about a year. has a brain drain still in his head.

I just wrote a graded policy on him but the family would like more. Any suggestions on a couple companies? maybe need another $50,000 total.

a year ago December he had a brain aneurysm. Died, came back, in a coma for a month. He has only been out of the hospital about a year. has a brain drain still in his head.

I just wrote a graded policy on him but the family would like more. Any suggestions on a couple companies? maybe need another $50,000 total.

Just write him 5 10k policies with the dozens of companies you already represent. Mutual O and physicians mutual are 2 places to start. Suprised you don't have them already in your brief case.

Just write him 5 10k policies with the dozens of companies you already represent. Mutual O and physicians mutual are 2 places to start. Suprised you don't have them already in your brief case.

Those two I do not. I have UoO. I would rather do two $25,000 but they will do whatever. I will check them out.

Not to knock that family because I don't know them and I hope the guy survives, but I see this all the time in FE. People unfortunately wait too late and want to buy a ton of insurnce right before someone dies. I don't know of any company "that wants to stay in business" that's going to issue 25k on him with those recent health problems.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Not to knock that family because I don't know them and I hope the guy survives, but I see this all the time in FE. People unfortunately wait too late and want to buy a ton of insurnce right before someone dies. I don't know of any company "that wants to stay in business" that's going to issue 25k on him with those recent health problems.

Good luck.

Yup. Let a $250,000 term policy lapse just before this happened. It had WP on it. Lost two of his restaurants in the process. His daughter is controlling things now. I am quoting/replacing a new Farmers $250,000 WL on the wife. They are believers now.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Wow. Where do you find these big cases. Is this the Asian-niche again?

Monumental perhaps would work Standard. Maybe American Memorial Standard, too?

His mother had an orphan policy I paid the claim on. His dad is also a client. I have been servicing them a long time.

No, not Asian. Hint, when we were talking price on the app I just did we were talking in terms of how many extra tacos a day he would need to sell. The difference between $15,000 and the max $25,000 was only two Tacos.:twitchy:

Last edited:

United Home Life doesn't ask about the aneurysm and being out of the hospital within the year is ok as long as he has not been in the hospital twice within 12 months.

United Home Life doesn't ask about the aneurysm and being out of the hospital within the year is ok as long as he has not been in the hospital twice within 12 months.

You ever asked them about that? I can't believe they wouldn't consider the surgery to be circulatory surgery.

Back