What Companies To Avoid 2 Year Wait?

What is a price buster?

In my view, a price buster would be a company on the low low end of the spectrum, that would make it extremely hard/rare to replace. Or extremely easy to replace an overpriced option. I think a price buster should always be within 10% of the cheapest option, if not the cheapest.

I honestly do not have a true 'price buster' in my bag right now for level plans. Some of that is simply not having access to the face-to-face companies.

@jdeasy what would you suggest as the best 'price buster' that allows telesales and is not a nightmare to deal with?

Last edited:
He’s not talking about the contestability period. He’s talking about guaranteed issue type policies that don’t pay full benefit if death occurs in the first two years. I’m 110% positive you know about those, you just McConnelled on it!:twitchy:

I do know about them. But, in my defense, the poster used the word "contestability" which has a very specific "legal" meaning in life insurance.
I blame the poster for my error. :yes:

While, at my age, I confess to an occasional McConnell moment, this wasn't one of them.
:arghh:

In my view, a price buster would be a company on the low low end of the spectrum, that would make it extremely hard/rare to replace. Or extremely easy to replace an overpriced option. I think a price buster should always be within 10% of the cheapest option, if not the cheapest.

I honestly do not have a true 'price buster' in my bag right now for level plans. Some of that is simply not having access to the face-to-face companies.

@jdeasy what would you suggest as the best 'price buster' that allows telesales and is not a nightmare to deal with?

I think of price buster as a company an agent only uses when they need it to beat the premium. Them sell over priced the rest of the time.

I have never done and I hope I never do.

If a company is always coming up as the best price for my clients then that’s who I use.

KSKJ has been that company for me for over 8 years.

I just picked up Polish Falcons. And I will use them if they are better than KSKJ.

I only have them in Indiana at the moment. So I probably won’t be using them much.

I’ve never had a number 2 company. I have one company I intend to write to every home.

I have many other companies. So my number 2 is why can’t I use my number 1?

And whomever fits that reason is who I use.

Most reasons to go elsewhere is DE or they are maxed out with KSKJ.

So lately CICA has been number 2. They fill a lot voids.

But I use them over KSKJ now for smokers that would be standard with KSKJ.

They have a small niche where they are better priced than KSKJ.

I will offer whomever I need to get my clients the most coverage for their money.

I called KSKJ last week to inquire about adding but they said they were on an agent freeze, plus she made it sound like the don't do telesales. Are you F2F @jdeasy?

I called KSKJ last week to inquire about adding but they said they were on an agent freeze, plus she made it sound like the don't do telesales. Are you F2F @jdeasy?

Yes. I sell a few by phone. But usually only referrals. You can sell KSKJ by phone when you need to. But you have to mail for signatures.

Yes. I sell a few by phone. But usually only referrals. You can sell KSKJ by phone when you need to. But you have to mail for signatures.
Ok I gotcha, the mail for signatures would probably be the biggest hurdle from the telesales perspective. It's already difficult walking some of the older clients through the process of the email signatures with MoO.

Ok I gotcha, the mail for signatures would probably be the biggest hurdle from the telesales perspective. It's already difficult walking some of the older clients through the process of the email signatures with MoO.

For a dedicated telesales agent it wouldn't be worth it I don't think. There is a solution though. :1wink:

KSKJ's new product is supposed to be remote friendly by sending a link. So they would have to have email. But we have been supposed to have that product for more than 6 months now. Last firm date I was told was Nov 1. Didn't happen.

I think of price buster as a company an agent only uses when they need it to beat the premium. Them sell over priced the rest of the time.
I think the definition of overpriced also matters. I don't view my plans as overpriced to yours simply because IMO they are in a different category (telesales vs F2F). Now once they roll out that new product you mentioned, then I would compare the two in the same category (and I will be first in line to get it).

However, I also never claim to be cheapest to my clients. if they ask, I will always tell them there are companies out there that can be cheaper IF you qualify for them. Also you can go fully underwritten with a medical exam to get even cheaper.

Of the companies that people can get solely over the phone, I am usually within 10% of the lowest option, which I view as low priced comparatively.

Compared to F2F agents, my rates would be middle of the road. I will still be better than some carriers, but @jdeasy will always beat me. KSKJ Select is always going to be about 25% cheaper overall than my best level plans, and KSKJ Standard around 5% cheaper.

But honestly I only run into someone that has KSKJ maybe once a year. The main thing I run into is just wayyy overpriced plans or people on waiting period when they shouldnt be.

I think the definition of overpriced also matters. I don't view my plans as overpriced to yours simply because IMO they are in a different category (telesales vs F2F). Now once they roll out that new product you mentioned, then I would compare the two in the same category (and I will be first in line to get it).

However, I also never claim to be cheapest to my clients. if they ask, I will always tell them there are companies out there that can be cheaper IF you qualify for them. Also you can go fully underwritten with a medical exam to get even cheaper.

Of the companies that people can get solely over the phone, I am usually within 10% of the lowest option, which I view as low priced comparatively.

Compared to F2F agents, my rates would be middle of the road. I will still be better than some carriers, but @jdeasy will always beat me. KSKJ Select is always going to be about 25% cheaper overall than my best level plans, and KSKJ Standard around 5% cheaper.

But honestly I only run into someone that has KSKJ maybe once a year. The main thing I run into is just wayyy overpriced plans or people on waiting period when they shouldnt be.

If it’s overpriced it’s overpriced.

The definition doesn’t change.

I’ve had that conversations with clients by phone. I can mail you the signature pages with a return envelope or I can put you with a company that’s $20/mo more and handle it now.

“mail is fine!”

If it’s overpriced it’s overpriced.
The definition doesn’t change.”
I still think categories matter. compared to fully underwritten plans with blood tests/etc, kskj might be overpriced, but that is not a fair comparison.

I feel very competitive given what is available by phone (combined with KSKJ being on an agent freeze and thus not available to me).

Back