AGLA Policy: is It GUL?

I really appreciate your help. I understand that the annual report & policy will tell me whether it's guaranteed, but I need to get an idea of how long it will stay in force if she doesn't make any adjustments. So I got them to mail an inforce illustration to her. I've got to see her again on some other business in a couple weeks. Hopefully she'll get it before that. I'm not really trying to replace the policy. I'm just afraid we might need to "fix" it so it will stay in force until death (or at least closer to it than it appears to be now!).

Most annual reports will tell you how long the policy will run based both on guaranteed and current. With planned premiums and with zero premiums.

If you like send me your email address and I will send you an example. Or better yet if someone has an agla annual report they can mark up and send you. You will know what to look for.

An inforce would be helpful if you are trying to rescue the UL and running "what ifs". My guess is it will be to late for that. Unless her health is an issue.

Lee

Most annual reports will tell you how long the policy will run based both on guaranteed and current. With planned premiums and with zero premiums.

If you like send me your email address and I will send you an example. Or better yet if someone has an agla annual report they can mark up and send you. You will know what to look for.

An inforce would be helpful if you are trying to rescue the UL and running "what ifs". My guess is it will be to late for that. Unless her health is an issue.

Lee
Thanks, Lee. I didn't remember that the annual report had that info on it. It's been awhile since I've looked at one for a policy I didn't write (and I don't write that many). In any case, when I see her again I'm going to get her on the phone with customer service to discuss the "what ifs".

Thanks, Lee. I didn't remember that the annual report had that info on it. It's been awhile since I've looked at one for a policy I didn't write (and I don't write that many). In any case, when I see her again I'm going to get her on the phone with customer service to discuss the "what ifs".

At least 50% of the time the customer service people at the carriers will insist that everything is fine on even crashing ULs. You have to insist on everything they tell you in writing if it dorsn't sound right. I wish I would have recorded a lot of the calls. They are crazyily misleading.

At least 50% of the time the customer service people at the carriers will insist that everything is fine on even crashing ULs. You have to insist on everything they tell you in writing if it dorsn't sound right. I wish I would have recorded a lot of the calls. They are crazyily misleading.

Yeah, even many agents don't understand UL policies. Much less an hourly paid CSR.

Back