Client Murdered Before Policy Date

TommyBwell

Expert
So Americo delivered a policy to me that I wanted sent to the client. I have tried to call for the week or so but could not get him. I drive by today and the house is circled in police tape and the neighbor said he was murdered last Monday. A friend said he may have preliminary coverage but I don't think so. It sure would make things better for his daughter.

One the client side benefits to writing the first month check premium as opposed to auto draft.
This client either wrote first month premium and received the temporary insurance receipt or not, no grey area, if you ask me.

So Americo delivered a policy to me that I wanted sent to the client. I have tried to call for the week or so but could not get him. I drive by today and the house is circled in police tape and the neighbor said he was murdered last Monday. A friend said he may have preliminary coverage but I don't think so. It sure would make things better for his daughter.

How did you write it? Was the policy date before he died? Was there money on the case? First draft done? Any. Delivery requirements? You have the answer to your question.

Americo says the client is covered from the day it's approved even if the client has not paid.

This will be a test of what they say. They are notorious for not paying in the contestable period anyway.

This will be interesting.

I'll be on it first thing tomorrow and will let you know how it goes. No money was received. First payment date is 7/24.

This is certainly a very interesting and unfortunate case study.
My opinion is that the Daughter is going to come up short here since there was no prem pymt and the effective date is an advance date of the tragic event. I hope my instincts are wrong!

Back