Daviso Insurance Group. Any Thoughts?

Other than you guys, what other "big" FE call centers are there?

To my knowledge, there is not a single call center of our size that only sells FE and only does it exclusively over the phone. But I dont really keep up with that stuff.

There's a guy down the road from us that just started a FE call center selling Aetna or Cigna, not sure which one (of if they even sell FE). We get a lot of pop up FE call centers around us here St Louis and they usually only last a couple of months.

Your assessment is spot on.

However, the fail rate in telesales is much greater than in face to face sales. Just this month, I've seen of a number of "telesales agencies" who are "expanding" into face to face sales.

If done correctly, telesales can net an agent more than selling face to face, however, most agents and agencies are not running this business model correctly and are failing out.

Really?? What does "done correctly" mean?

Is it like this;

"JD, that place is WAY worse than Ramiz is letting on, too. For one thing, once you're working in their call center a few months you have to pay a $300/mo 'office use fee'. They also give you a hard time about leaving the office to go to lunch (they hate it when you're at lunch for more than a half-hour, even though YOU ARE NOT THEIR EMPLOYEE!). Since NorthStar is the only agency that AmAm does SS benefit day bank drafting for, they completely F*&! up the drafting (you set up the client on the 3rd of each month, AmAm takes it out on the 7th!). And really, when you put an otherwise healthy 64-yo with colitis on a 3-yr ROP that costs more than Lincoln Heritage graded, how the hell do you expect it to stick?! That business will fall off in no time even for one their 100K/yr unicorn/superstars!"

^^that's a PM I got from one of your employees, associates, etc. Whatever you call them now.

Is that how it's "done correctly"?:no:

Is it like this;

"JD, that place is WAY worse than Ramiz is letting on, too. For one thing, once you're working in their call center a few months you have to pay a $300/mo 'office use fee'. They also give you a hard time about leaving the office to go to lunch (they hate it when you're at lunch for more than a half-hour, even though YOU ARE NOT THEIR EMPLOYEE!). Since NorthStar is the only agency that AmAm does SS benefit day bank drafting for, they completely F*&! up the drafting (you set up the client on the 3rd of each month, AmAm takes it out on the 7th!). And really, when you put an otherwise healthy 64-yo with colitis on a 3-yr ROP that costs more than Lincoln Heritage graded, how the hell do you expect it to stick?! That business will fall off in no time even for one their 100K/yr unicorn/superstars!"

^^that's a PM I got from one of your employees, associates, etc. Whatever you call them now.

So it is true, they do have 100k income producers! Ill say this, im fascinated by the idea of telesales. And most telesales organizations are a complete joke, but even his competitors speak highly of his organization and none that i spoke to can prove a 6 figure earner.

Youre a beast jd no doubt about it, but you reek of hate my man...let it go.

So it is true, they do have 100k income producers! Ill say this, im fascinated by the idea of telesales. And most telesales organizations are a complete joke, but even his competitors speak highly of his organization and none that i spoke to can prove a 6 figure earner.

Youre a beast jd no doubt about it, but you reek of hate my man...let it go.

Nothing for me to let go. You seem to be the one taking it personal.

But I've never heard even one of his competitors speak highly of him.

I've got way more pm's from his people. I don't have permission to share the others.

That one I did.

Is it like this;

First they are breaking the law, 100% of all of them in that office are employees. If they are employees (as they should be) then your acting like a snowflake and need to listen to your employer.

FE telesales is not the future of FE. It's proven to be a failed model for the agent.

Of course the plantation owners, {the hierarchy}, will try to spin it differently because it's their honey hole.

Even most of them now say it has to a controlled environment to succeed. But the only success is for the ones at the top of the churn and burn operation.

Just curious as to your opinion JD. Do you not seeing this changing in the next 5 to 10 years. I sold a 75k GUL over the phone yesterday. Now granted outside of age he was not typical FE prospect. He was 73 with an income of about 70k. He had very few problems with the e-signature though, and was healthy.

I am with you on would be selling fe over the phone be a difficult endeavor. Do you think at some point that will change? After all the debit market while still there I think is drying up a bit. Anyway just curious as to your thoughts, and I am talking 5 to 10 years. I have sold some f2f final expense and I can see how that market needing some hand holding. That said I am seeing more of it every year. It is still only 10 to 15 percent of my sales, and admittedly these are internet leads out of the gate. So a bit different but some a certainly FE type sales and the persistency is not great but not terrible (say 80%). Again not my focus.

At some date in the future though will a tipping point happen. Curious as to your thoughts.

Back