FE who Aspire to Make 100k

I'm offended that you are offended. Your response was totally uncalled for and rude. I request you take your passive-aggressiveness out on others. :no:

Seriously, relax. I'm more perplexed that you never thought of this and no one ever mentioned it to you. You have been on the site since 2007. That is quite a lot of time to not have known marketing expenses are deductible.

Surely you realize that businesses deduct marketing expenses for tax purposes and that as an insurance agent, particularly if 1099 or statutory employee, you are a business.

Nothing passive aggressive about just coming out and saying it.....is there.

And if I would have realized it, I probably wouldn't have asked the question......

I haven't been doing FE since 07. That has been a recent venture. A successful recent venture.

I'm not going to mind having my taxes done this year. I always end up paying more in the end even with quarterly payments. This is going to take a HUGE chunk out of that. Between this and mileage I'll be making out okay.

I have found that selling non-insurance products is an easier way to generate Life Sales.

We have a business owners market that we use efficiently by marketing non-insurance products. Credit Card Processing, Payroll, Retirement Services, Business VOIP....etc.

There is much savings to a business to make a switch to us and we then present to the owner a supplemental retirement plan that they DO NOT have to share with his/her employees. This is a big deal with Business Owners...Not having to include the employees on a savings plan. It is very intriguing to them and most will always look at a plan......Average case we close is $400/mo in IUL premium (Max Funded) with separate term plans for Buy/Sell or Succession and we have seen an uptick in LTC sales.

Be Creative in your marketing and that is what get's you in the door. We see business owners on a unique pre-approach that costs about $50 per lead, but we see 90% of the leads. It is so unique that we cannot disclose it as we do not want the world to know about it. The point is that you need to market and constantly test out your approaches.

TwiLight,

I am a CPP, Certified Payments Professional, and I agree with your take. I like Merchant Services as much as I like Insurance...

I'm not going to mind having my taxes done this year. I always end up paying more in the end even with quarterly payments. This is going to take a HUGE chunk out of that. Between this and mileage I'll be making out okay.

if you can come up with any of your expense receipts have them file and amended return. i believe you can go back 2-3 years.

Could have went without the "duh?" I'll never understand why so many people on this site are so rude to each other. It's one of the worst sites in that regard. Just UN-necessary, unprovoked rudeness and aggressiveness.

I'll thank you for your reply because that's how I was brought up.

I just enjoy the fact that a guy whose screen name appears to be "See Deez Nuts" is offended at a 'duh' and thinks this site is full of unprovoked rudeness.

I just enjoy the fact that a guy whose screen name appears to be "See Deez Nuts" is offended at a 'duh' and thinks this site is full of unprovoked rudeness.

Shows where your heads at pal. CD's Nuts.....Not that it needs explaining. But if that's what you want to picture, and you enjoy it, who am I to argue. Way to chime in on a two day old thread that has served it's purpose.

Back