Mailing List of Widows or Widowers

If that exists, I haven't found a way to get it. My suspicion is that it either doesn't or is fairly expensive.

Anyone know if this kind of list exists and where to get it?

There are filters that can get you close, especially if you are targeting seniors.

You can do:

Global Include:
-One per household
-F(Female, Head of Household)
-M(Male, Head of Household)

You would get single men and single women but it would be from one of three factors, (Widowed, Divorced, Never Married)

How accurate are the lists that show people's race. I saw that filter on infofree...

I can't speak to the quality of infofree's filters and have heard conflicting opinions about them (including folks that reach out to me because they're unsatisfied with the quality of data at infofree), but it's something that can definitely be sourced.

It may sound odd, but one of the ways to source language and ethnicity data is by name. I don't want to be offensive and list them, but that's generally the way the data is sourced. That said, if someone is white and only speaks English with the name Jose Martinez, they might end up in the pile of spanish speaking. This gets overlaid with survey data and information from other sources too, but generally it's pretty accurate with us.

Josh,
Are these parameters available with your lists?
One per household
-F(Female, Head of Household)
-M(Male, Head of Household)

Absolutely. I can even include the information on both where available.

I can't speak to the quality of infofree's filters and have heard conflicting opinions about them (including folks that reach out to me because they're unsatisfied with the quality of data at infofree), but it's something that can definitely be sourced.

It may sound odd, but one of the ways to source language and ethnicity data is by name. I don't want to be offensive and list them, but that's generally the way the data is sourced. That said, if someone is white and only speaks English with the name Jose Martinez, they might end up in the pile of spanish speaking. This gets overlaid with survey data and information from other sources too, but generally it's pretty accurate with us.

What isn't odd is your leaping at the chance to cast indirect aspersions about the quality of another vendor's data, in a thinly-veiled attempt to drive inquiries about your product.

That alone destroys your credibility, not that you'd ever in a thousand years understand such a perspective.

FWIW, I bought from you once, and I'll never do it again. The raw data itself (age, addresses, etc) was solid. The DNC info was unreliable.

Last edited:
What isn't odd is your leaping at the chance to cast indirect aspersions about the quality of another vendor's data, in a thinly-veiled attempt to drive inquiries about your product.

I don't think there was anything veiled about it. I've had discussions in detail about my competitors on other threads and it's nothing I try to hide. That's especially true if someone is asking about my data and talking about a competitor.

FWIW, I bought from you once, and I'll never do it again. The raw data itself (age, addresses, etc) was solid. The DNC info was unreliable.

I remember that you bought data from me before. Over two years you're one of only three customers I've had that expressed dissatisfaction about the quality of the data. One guy was mad even though I offered to replace the records he claimed were bad or refund his money. In your situation you claimed that a high percentage of them were actually on the DNC, but after something to the tune of five months you finally told me who you were so I could rescrub the data myself and there were a few numbers that after five months were on the DNC, but that amounted to something to the tune of 1%-2% of the list. Considering the amount of time that had passed and that you had called through the list it would stand to reason that some of them would have asked to be put on the DNC registry during that five month period, so we're talking about a very high degree of accuracy. Nonetheless, anyone can register for a SAN at National Do Not Call Registry and rescrub the data to verify it. I'll happily replace 100% of bad phone numbers or numbers that are found to be on the DNC.

It took you five months to complain about the data and you only did when I responded to an attack you made on our friend Frank Stastny that passed away on Monday. I have a nearly perfect customer service record and if you had contacted me when you had a problem to begin with I would have done exactly what I did five months after the fact. I would have rescrubbed the data to check and see if there was a mistake. In the interest of good customer service I would have replaced every bad record and probably thrown in some extras.

Judging from the tone of our last conversation I presume that you're not interested in a resolution here or in being reasonable and that you are simply looking for an opportunity to rehash our old discussion. I am disappointed that you didn't contact me when you initially had the problem because we would have been able to resolve it for you, but what's done is done and clearly you have no interest in doing business with me again. That being said, I've done everything I can to make the situation right by you and there are very few people that would fault a company that is so willing to investigate and correct a mistake. If I'm mistaken and there is something you'd like to see done to resolve your problem, please feel free to contact me.

I don't think there was anything veiled about it. I've had discussions in detail about my competitors on other threads and it's nothing I try to hide. That's especially true if someone is asking about my data and talking about a competitor.

I remember that you bought data from me before. Over two years you're one of only three customers I've had that expressed dissatisfaction about the quality of the data. One guy was mad even though I offered to replace the records he claimed were bad or refund his money. In your situation you claimed that a high percentage of them were actually on the DNC, but after something to the tune of five months you finally told me who you were so I could rescrub the data myself and there were a few numbers that after five months were on the DNC, but that amounted to something to the tune of 1%-2% of the list. Considering the amount of time that had passed and that you had called through the list it would stand to reason that some of them would have asked to be put on the DNC registry during that five month period, so we're talking about a very high degree of accuracy. Nonetheless, anyone can register for a SAN at National Do Not Call Registry and rescrub the data to verify it. I'll happily replace 100% of bad phone numbers or numbers that are found to be on the DNC.

It took you five months to complain about the data and you only did when I responded to an attack you made on our friend Frank Stastny that passed away on Monday. I have a nearly perfect customer service record and if you had contacted me when you had a problem to begin with I would have done exactly what I did five months after the fact. I would have rescrubbed the data to check and see if there was a mistake. In the interest of good customer service I would have replaced every bad record and probably thrown in some extras.

Judging from the tone of our last conversation I presume that you're not interested in a resolution here or in being reasonable and that you are simply looking for an opportunity to rehash our old discussion. I am disappointed that you didn't contact me when you initially had the problem because we would have been able to resolve it for you, but what's done is done and clearly you have no interest in doing business with me again. That being said, I've done everything I can to make the situation right by you and there are very few people that would fault a company that is so willing to investigate and correct a mistake. If I'm mistaken and there is something you'd like to see done to resolve your problem, please feel free to contact me.

When cats converse begin to converse with kings, then I'd be interested in speaking with you.

The issue's moot. I don't buy leads anymore because there's no need to.

I just cannot stomach seeing half-assed, cheap shot-taking, snot-nosed little list vendors having to resort to such petty ambushes to drive business their way.

If you have to resort to such weakness to generate revenue then you aren't worth a damn.

Any reasonable, seasoned businessman (or woman) sees straight thru such 8th grade tactics, and legitimate businessfolk...the kind you are not familiar with, meaning the kind who replicate their successful processes over and over again and tend to buy over and over again from the same reliable vendors...will not deal with someone who has to resort to such juvenile shots at competitors.

Caveat emptor.

Back