Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum

Reply to Medicaid and VA LTC Issues with FE/Life Insurance     
Old 03-28-2015, 08:23 PM   #1
Super Genius

State: 1reason is an Insurance Agent from
Medicaid and VA LTC Issues with FE/Life Insurance Medicaid and VA LTC Issues with FE/Life Insurance
A LTC question at first glance may appear better suited in the LTC forum, but it's actually a life insurance question I have.

I have a case with over $300K in relatively liquid assets and over $500K total with one spouse that's a vet (war-time, but not disabled) and just started suffering from dementia.

It appears from what I've read that the VA LTC are much more friendly than Medicaid, especially with look backs, spend downs, and recovery rules.

The objective is to move the money to the kids (within the rules of course). If she buys a medicaid annuity with his half of the money, it doesn't leave anything for the kids.

But what are the thoughts here on him buying a $1500 FE policy (if appropriate - and are there ones that make sense in light of dementia?) and her buying a large life insurance policy (or maybe survivorship??) / annuity with a long period certain so most goes to the kids.

Has anyone had to traverse through FE planning with the Medicaid or VA elephants in the room?

------------------------------------
Give me one reason to get out of bed today.
www.1reason.com
  Reply With Quote to Medicaid and VA LTC Issues with FE/Life Insurance
Reply to Medicaid and VA LTC Issues with FE/Life Insurance 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum

Tags
life insurance