Top Ten FE Questions During Presentation

sshafran

Guru
1000 Post Club
NC
Looking for some advice from the FE guys.

During your interviews, what are your key questions which you ask?

I have my "list" of questions for Medicare clients. I find when I ask more questions I close more. Looking to compile a comprehensive list of good questions for the FE market.

So...what are your favorite questions to ask (a) to get the facts, (b) get them to open up, and (c) get them to sign on the dotted line.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

When your death occurs, someone is going to have to write a check to a funeral home for approximately $8,000 - minimum.

Who is going to write the check? Where will they get the money? Will it be a financial burden for them? Do you care?

I have my "list" of questions for Medicare clients. I find when I ask more questions I close more. Looking to compile a comprehensive list of good questions for the FE market.

So...what are your favorite questions to ask (a) to get the facts, (b) get them to open up, and (c) get them to sign on the dotted line.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

When working a lead (mail in or tv) I ask "what was going on when you filled this out" I want to put them back to the frame of mind of when they filled out the card. This information may come in handy later if you have to close hard. especially if the answer is they experienced a recent death. You can get a lot of emotional information out of them.

Then usually when I get to the table I start fact finding. Asking about if they want a cremation or traditional funeral. Then I ask if they are aware of the cost.
Do they already have existing coverage? Do they know how the coverage they have works?
I try to get as much information as possible so I can customize my presentation to fit there needs. Also I always assume the sale, I stopped doing that awhile back and I think it's hurt me.

When working a lead (mail in or tv) I ask "what was going on when you filled this out" I want to put them back to the frame of mind of when they filled out the card. This information may come in handy later if you have to close hard. especially if the answer is they experienced a recent death. You can get a lot of emotional information out of them.

I think you mean emotional leverage. I went to a LH rah, rah recruiting session, even followed a guy for an appointment, that's what they preach. I've heard my IMO talk about reading the lead card back to people, just not for me...if I stop writing business...I may start doing it :) I don't want to close a deal on emotional leverage. I simple ask why I'm there, give them the "HOLY" 3 reasons to choose from...and go from there. I've yet to run into a situation where I needed the hard close. They either have the need or they don't...if they don't...I bounce!

Interesting gooner. You dont drill them?? In my opinion they had to have an interest to request the info in the first place. Prospects tell me no sometimes like 5 times and i drill them and then they 50% of the time say yes and actually thank me at the end. How soon do you determine to leave??

----------

I am new to this fe biz for the most part. Gooner what are the 3 holy reasons?? Am i wasting time trying to convince people? ?

I think you mean emotional leverage. I went to a LH rah, rah recruiting session, even followed a guy for an appointment, that's what they preach. I've heard my IMO talk about reading the lead card back to people, just not for me...if I stop writing business...I may start doing it :) I don't want to close a deal on emotional leverage. I simple ask why I'm there, give them the "HOLY" 3 reasons to choose from...and go from there. I've yet to run into a situation where I needed the hard close. They either have the need or they don't...if they don't...I bounce!

The person you are referring to that reads the card back is not doing it for emotional leverage. He does it as a reminder to them as to what they sent back.

I don't buy into the emotional stuff either. I might touch on some emotions while I'm telling people why they sent in the card but that's about it for the emotion for me.

If a person can't tell me why they sent in the card then we are done. I'm on to the next person that can tell me.

Back