What Would You Do?

In Ky you have to be a licensed funeral director to sell preneed.

There are some that sell it that are not licensed funeral directors.

There is a compliance guy that sends in reply cards, calls TV ads, newspaper fliers, etc.

If an agent contacts him he tries to buy a preneed plan.

Bet he never offers to reimburse the agent the cost of the lead.
There should be someway of charging him with mail fraud.

In Ky you have to be a licensed funeral director to sell preneed.

There are some that sell it that are not licensed funeral directors.

There is a compliance guy that sends in reply cards, calls TV ads, newspaper fliers, etc.

If an agent contacts him he tries to buy a preneed plan.

So if he buys he cancels during the free look period? It looks like someone would be on to him after a while and he could get charged with mail fraud or something. He just does this on his own?

So if he buys he cancels during the free look period? It looks like someone would be on to him after a while and he could get charged with mail fraud or something. He just does this on his own?

No, he works for the state. His job is to catch people selling preneed plans that are not licensed funeral directors.

If an agent sells one to him or offers to sell him one that's not licensed then that agent's license is suspended pending a hearing.

No, he works for the state. His job is to catch people selling preneed plans that are not licensed funeral directors.

If an agent sells one to him or offers to sell him one that's not licensed then that agent's license is suspended pending a hearing.

Sounds like a waste of tax payers money, like all things related to the government and regulatory bodies. That being said, do most preneed companies check to see if an agent has the appropriate license?

Sounds like a waste of tax payers money, like all things related to the government and regulatory bodies. That being said, do most preneed companies check to see if an agent has the appropriate license?

I don't think so. I had that discussion with an agent while we were in DR with KSKJ. He's not an active agent now and was a guest of someone. He was from up around Indy. he was talking about how he used to sell preneed all over Indiana and Ky. I asked him if he still had his funeral director license. he said he never did and never knew that it was a requirement in Ky.

I guess that's why the compliance officer has a job?

I don't think so. I had that discussion with an agent while we were in DR with KSKJ. He's not an active agent now and was a guest of someone. He was from up around Indy. he was talking about how he used to sell preneed all over Indiana and Ky. I asked him if he still had his funeral director license. he said he never did and never knew that it was a requirement in Ky.

I guess that's why the compliance officer has a job?

Wouldn't it be easier for this compliance guy to get the companies send a list of agent who have sold a preneed product then cross reference the agents with the funeral directors license?

Back