Anyone Deal with Lifetel Web or Lifetelinsure.com?

I actually did extensive research on this, beyond speaking and meeting with Rob Abbott himself. His license is in good standing with CA and TX - I contacted the commissioners offices directly to check, as well as online. I asked them directly about this type of scam and they stated that if there was any hint of a scandal regarding him and his license that they would have revoked it.

He stated that someone stole his identity, just like they did with a few other agents, and then used their license numbers to feign legitimacy for their scams. They took his audio/outline of his system and then peddled it to just get the sign-up fee and then disappeared into the night.

Rob himself has an office location in Ontario, is communicative through phone and email, and the entire company, Lifetel, is using Brokers Alliance as an IMO. The fact that a credible IMO is contracting on behalf of them, and that they are producing business together, is a good verification. Additionally, the sign-up fee is moreso of a deposit, as you receive the money back in-full after producing $5k in AP.

Glad you did extensive research on them when all 4 of your posts are about them

Hello all! Seriously, LifeTel is as legit as it gets. I've been with them now for several months, am producing consistently with them and, as I've posted prior, it's a really solid program. In fact, I'm scheduled to travel out to Ontario in January to meet directly with the guys, as I'm trying to qualify to become a part of their management program this upcoming year. Just like I've posted before, as well as multiple others of their agents in this thread, if you follow the system and work the leads hard like they teach you, you'll write business.

The LifeTel guys themselves are very hands on and attentive and, yes, having Brokers Alliance in the mix also is fantastic and they're a great secondary support outlet. Again, the whole program is well designed and there's lots of help.

Regarding the question from one of the other posters, when I first came on they appointed me with Foresters, North American, Protective and AIG. Then Phoenix was added in some months back, as an alternative to Foresters for non-med. I personally like the Phoenix product and that's what I'm writing most.

Congratulations to everyone who has had success with Lifetel and here's to your continued success!

I am not one of them. I'm new to life insurance sales and explained that during the initial interview. I also spelled out that I was expecting some leadership and guidance in getting started and ongoing mentoring of some kind until I could keep things moving on my own.

I paid the fee, was given webinars to watch for my training and then I received the initial free leads. That's it, I've never been contacted by them since. Questions are answered via email and can take up to two days to get a response.

No coaching, interaction, concern for a new agent or any real support. I would ask more questions but I don't know what questions to ask. I don't think much of the training but maybe that's how it is in this business. I'm older and have successfully built/managed teams in my past, it takes more than this to help make people successful.

If you're new to insurance sales, I suggest you consider everything and make sure you get on board with a group that has an interest in your survival and ultimate success. I wish I had found this forum sooner.

I'm not just slightly interested in telesales or want to dip my toe in and test the waters. This is something I WANT to do and I'd like to approach it that way. I have the free time and funds available to do this correctly, can anyone point me in that direction?

A sincere thanks in advance!

Hello all! Seriously, LifeTel is as legit as it gets. I've been with them now for several months, am producing consistently with them and, as I've posted prior, it's a really solid program. In fact, I'm scheduled to travel out to Ontario in January to meet directly with the guys, as I'm trying to qualify to become a part of their management program this upcoming year. Just like I've posted before, as well as multiple others of their agents in this thread, if you follow the system and work the leads hard like they teach you, you'll write business.

The LifeTel guys themselves are very hands on and attentive and, yes, having Brokers Alliance in the mix also is fantastic and they're a great secondary support outlet. Again, the whole program is well designed and there's lots of help.

Regarding the question from one of the other posters, when I first came on they appointed me with Foresters, North American, Protective and AIG. Then Phoenix was added in some months back, as an alternative to Foresters for non-med. I personally like the Phoenix product and that's what I'm writing most.

I saw that you said something regarding Fidelity. Did you end up doing any business with them with LifeTel? If so, how were they (Fidelity)? Reason being, I put a few cases in to Fidelity and I'm curious your experience.

Glad you did extensive research on them when all 4 of your posts are about them

My 4 posts are about them because I couldn't find any information online about them, except for this forum. So I joined so I could learn more, like others have, and then report my findings and experience. Don't take my word for it - You can do the same research I did if you have contention with it and you actually want the answers.

I saw that you said something regarding Fidelity. Did you end up doing any business with them with LifeTel? If so, how were they (Fidelity)? Reason being, I put a few cases in to Fidelity and I'm curious your experience.

I did sign up and got appointed with Fidelity, through LifeTel of course, I wrote a handful of cases with that new product but I didn't like their process. I had some issues, so I asked Elly if I could just stick with the Phoenix product. He didn't have any problem with that and really Fidelity was my idea anyway. To be fair, it probably wasn't enough business to judge them one way or another and could have just been the old "first case curse", but I can't afford to have any cases mishandled and Phoenix has been nothing but smooth sailing for me. So, again, I'm just sticking with Phoenix for now for my non-med.

How was your experience. Did you finally receive the leads? If so, what has been the quality of them?

As I posted prior, as well as others of the agents in the thread, I've had a very good experience with LifeTel. I'm still having a good experience, in fact. B Lead quality is good, especially if you know how to work them. There are some tips I've was given on how exactly to approach them and they were very helpful, so you might want to ask on that. A Lead quality is excellent, but there's a cost. The cost is fair and of course understandable, but it's something you need to plan and be prepared for, if you decide to go that route. The internet leads... Eh... Like others have said, you need a dialer or a CRM of some kind or something. Again, just like has been said by others, there are definitely customers in there. But unless you're a real "caller", and I'm sure some out there might be, I just believe myself that it's challenge to work those successfully if you're trying to manually dial each one of them. Just my opinion ;)

Thanks to everyone in this forum for your posts. I am considering this company. I left insurance and I currently am in utility sales and already make 100-150 dials a day. I am considering doing this part time as I have experience and it would just be working A and B leads into my list on a daily basis. This is my first holiday season in Commercial Utility sales and it has come to a real stand still. C level's are not in the office till next year. Thank you for all the feedback.

Thanks to everyone in this forum for your posts. I am considering this company. I left insurance and I currently am in utility sales and already make 100-150 dials a day. I am considering doing this part time as I have experience and it would just be working A and B leads into my list on a daily basis. This is my first holiday season in Commercial Utility sales and it has come to a real stand still. C level's are not in the office till next year. Thank you for all the feedback.

If you're working just A's and B's starting part time, you should be fine. Remember, in that case you're only calling and following up on the actual responders, so that keeps the extreme dialing out the equation. The internet leads would clearly occupy more time, just because there's a lot more of them, but if you're planning on working strictly on mail leads then you should be good :)

Back