Appointment Setter how much $$

Is that normal to expect to be paid before doing the work? :nah:

It depends on if you're using an agency or an individual. Usually an agency/firm does get paid first. Individuals, usually the other way around.

All this is interesting. But it is also four years old. Any updates to this, as I am looking for a appointment setter, or marketer, or telemarketer.

"Hi, I'm a Lic Agent who can't make cold calls, won't make cold calls, break into sweats over cold calling...BUT I kind of have to since I cannot find any other way to stay busy and even at that point I still would rather pay some druggie/alcoholic $10 an hour and risk my license over picking up the phone myself."

If you would run an honest ad in Craigslist you might get a better response or at least a more honest one.

-Find a successful TM from another company, industry doesn't really matter, acquire them by giving them more money or a bigger carrot and try to entice them to you. The avg TM responding to a TM add, good luck with that.

I might be wrong but I hear a lot of whining and groaning and complaining, most of it rooted in misunderstandings about the role one plays in their own future. You want to trust it all to some TM making minimum wage? Ludicrous in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back