Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions

Reply to A Bit of Fun - 10 Celebrities Who Worked In The Insurance Industry Before Making It Big     
Old 09-12-2017, 10:50 AM   #1
Guru
Aaron_4SIGHT on A Bit of Fun - 10 Celebrities Who Worked In The Insurance Industry Before Making It Big

State: Aaron_4SIGHT is an Insurance Agent from Washington
A Bit of Fun - 10 Celebrities Who Worked In The Insurance Industry Before Making It Big A Bit of Fun - 10 Celebrities Who Worked In The Insurance Industry Before Making It Big
Who knew the path to fame could begin in insurance? At least for these 10 celebrities, it did. I suppose insurance sales is good prep for surviving Hollywood rejections.

10 Celebrities Who Worked in the Insurance Industry Before Making it Big (You'll Never Guess #9)

I knew about Evel Knievel from my days working with Combined Insurance (where he was a top agent but got there with some questionable sales tactics), but a few others surprised me.

------------------------------------
AgentMethods | Powerful insurance websites. Simplified.
Beautiful mobile-ready insurance websites with unlimited custom quote forms and pages.

Create your site for free at AgentMethods.com
  Reply With Quote to A Bit of Fun - 10 Celebrities Who Worked In The Insurance Industry Before Making It Big
Old 09-12-2017, 11:00 AM   #2
DHK
Guru
DHK on A Bit of Fun - 10 Celebrities Who Worked In The Insurance Industry Before Making It Big

State: DHK is an Insurance Agent from California
DHK is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
A Bit of Fun - 10 Celebrities Who Worked In The Insurance Industry Before Making It Big Re: A Bit of Fun - 10 Celebrities Who Worked In The Insurance Industry Before Making It Big
Gene Simmons is doing insurance with HNW market.

Steve Harvey was with A.L. Williams for a bit of time.
  Reply With Quote to A Bit of Fun - 10 Celebrities Who Worked In The Insurance Industry Before Making It Big
Old 09-12-2017, 07:00 PM   #3
Guru
Cash on A Bit of Fun - 10 Celebrities Who Worked In The Insurance Industry Before Making It Big

State: Cash is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
A Bit of Fun - 10 Celebrities Who Worked In The Insurance Industry Before Making It Big Re: A Bit of Fun - 10 Celebrities Who Worked In The Insurance Industry Before Making It Big
Another one is Dabo Swinney, coach of the Clemson Tigers.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:58 AM   #4
Guru
Aaron_4SIGHT on A Bit of Fun - 10 Celebrities Who Worked In The Insurance Industry Before Making It Big

State: Aaron_4SIGHT is an Insurance Agent from Washington
A Bit of Fun - 10 Celebrities Who Worked In The Insurance Industry Before Making It Big Re: A Bit of Fun - 10 Celebrities Who Worked In The Insurance Industry Before Making It Big Aaron_4SIGHT is the thread starter for: A Bit of Fun - 10 Celebrities Who Worked In The Insurance Industry Before Making It Big

What does Gene Simmons of KISS know about high...

Old 09-13-2017, 06:52 PM   #5
Guru

State: GoPokes is an Insurance Agent from Oklahoma
And here I thought Jerry Jones, the Dallas Cowboys owner, was the only one.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:58 AM   #6

State: shawnkm is an Insurance Agent from
Don't forget Roger Staubach. He sold life insurance during the off-season and before starting his real estate company.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:51 PM   #7
Guru
Cash on A Bit of Fun - 10 Celebrities Who Worked In The Insurance Industry Before Making It Big

State: Cash is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
Originally Posted by shawnkm View Post
Don't forget Roger Staubach. He sold life insurance during the off-season and before starting his real estate company.
That leads to Fran Tarkenton of Tarkenton Financial and football fame.
Old 09-17-2017, 01:49 PM   #8

State: Nicole Phillips is an Insurance Agent from Florida
This makes me think of viators and viator settlements, a concept I learned when I was in the pre-licensing stage trying to obtain my credentials to sell Life Insurance Policies.

Nicole Phillips
Webmaster Of Abornewords
Old 09-17-2017, 10:13 PM   #9
Super Genius

State: Zoaty is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
Interesting to know some of these folks have worked in the industry. I can definitely see how it can develop skills for these folks that would otherwise be likely untapped.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:50 AM   #10
Guru
Brian Anderson on A Bit of Fun - 10 Celebrities Who Worked In The Insurance Industry Before Making It Big

State: Brian Anderson is an Insurance Agent from Colorado
Here's a quote from Clooney from a recent interview regarding his insurance job:

I was a struggling actor for ten years and I have a great understanding of what its like to try to make things work...I would buy suits that were too long in the leg, cut the bottoms off and hem them up with a stapler, and use the leftover fabric to make ties for workI sold insurance door to door cold calls, knock knock, Hi, do you have whole life insurance? We can turn whole life into term life and you can put the rest of your money into your retirement fund! Believe me, its a terrible job.

And a little context form the GQ piece that included the quote:
Before George Clooney was an uber-famous movie star married to a stunning international human rights lawyer with an 18th century villa on Lake Como, he was just a guy trying to sell life insurance in Kentucky. Clooney himself pointed that out to a Daily Mail reporter during press interviews for his new movie Suburbicon (he's directing) this week. The subject came up when Clooney expressed a desire to not spoil the living daylight out of his twins, who were born in June.

Well, yeah, I guess door-knocking would seem like a terrible job compared to being one of the biggest movie stars on the planet

https://www.gq.com/story/george-cloo...ng-custom-ties
Reply to A Bit of Fun - 10 Celebrities Who Worked In The Insurance Industry Before Making It Big 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions