California Insurance Clusters

Depending on your location, niches and volume... the two best clusters I have seen are United Valley (UVIS) and Pacific Interstate(PIIB). After doing my homework on every possible option... I went with PIIB.

A gaggle is a flock of geese that is not in flight. Thus, it can be one or more that are on the ground.

BTW, if a snake in the grass is an asp, how come a grasp in the ass is a goose?:goofy:

Last edited:
Im looking for a good cluster in CA, any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks

Cluster groups are so different that one size does not fits all. What may be good for you may not be good for another agency. Do your homework, some groups welcome start ups, others don't. Some groups have a minimum size requirement, each group has a different commission arraingment so it dependents on what financially fits best for your situation. Many groups are selective, while some groups will take anyone who is willing to pay the initial start up fee. Lastly, there are well over a hundred of these groups out there thoughout the USA and perhaps even more than 200.

AE how can an agent start a cluster group on his own ??:idea:
This is not a project for agent, the historically these groups have been started by groups of agencies in the same region who could not get carrier appointments due to volume or wanted to combine their profit sharing. In the old days, they used one code, a master code or a code assigned to one of the agencies. As time went on and they got more popular, carriers assigned sub-codes, even further paying the member agencies directly. Most of the new group that have started by investor groups with a well thought out business plan and are being engineered as a service to agencies, rather than agencies combining for survival.

Back