Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions

Reply to Newer Agent Seeking Marketing/general Advice...     
Old 09-04-2017, 01:38 PM   #1
Liberata on Newer Agent Seeking Marketing/general Advice...

State: Liberata is an Insurance Agent from
Newer Agent Seeking Marketing/general Advice... Newer Agent Seeking Marketing/general Advice...
Greetings Everyone!

I stumbled upon this site while doing some general networking, and I could not be more excited. I've always believed forums are the most valuable, honest way to gain information and insight from a wide range of sources.

With that being said, I've been a cold calling warrior for almost a year now. And while it has produced great success, I feel like there should be a certain timeframe where one transitions into gaining more business from referrals and marketing.

What are some effective methods or processes that have worked well for you?

Thank you in advance!
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Newer Agent Seeking Marketing/general Advice...
Old 09-04-2017, 02:05 PM   #2
DHK
Guru
DHK on Newer Agent Seeking Marketing/general Advice...

State: DHK is an Insurance Agent from California
DHK is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Newer Agent Seeking Marketing/general Advice... Re: Newer Agent Seeking Marketing/general Advice...
Mastering Client Referrals by Sandy Schussel:
http://sandyschussel.com/products/

Door knocking:
D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker
Old 09-04-2017, 02:11 PM   #3
Liberata on Newer Agent Seeking Marketing/general Advice...

State: Liberata is an Insurance Agent from
Newer Agent Seeking Marketing/general Advice... Re: Newer Agent Seeking Marketing/general Advice... Liberata is the thread starter for: Newer Agent Seeking Marketing/general Advice...

Thank you!! I'll check them out right now.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:11 PM   #4
Guru

State: jboussea is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Newer Agent Seeking Marketing/general Advice... Re: Newer Agent Seeking Marketing/general Advice...
What kind of product are you selling
Old 09-05-2017, 01:14 PM   #5
Guru
Cash on Newer Agent Seeking Marketing/general Advice...

State: Cash is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
Originally Posted by DHK View Post
Mastering Client Referrals by Sandy Schussel:
http://sandyschussel.com/products/

Door knocking:
D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker
Do you know Sandy? Is his stuff any good?
Old 09-05-2017, 01:43 PM   #6
DHK
Guru
DHK on Newer Agent Seeking Marketing/general Advice...

State: DHK is an Insurance Agent from California
DHK is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
I know Sandy. His stuff is good. This is my testimonial about his referral training:

"Your referral program and training is the most sincere, genuine, and effective way I have ever heard! (And I've heard Bill Cates, Wayne Cotton, Kerry Johnson, and so many more people who claim to 'have it all'.) It's not "just another program" where you're "setting them up to 'trick' them", but a true way to communicate your desire for referrals in a way that your clients will WANT to give them to you. It's effective because you will actually use it and look forward to using it without showing your own needs or insecurities. I HIGHLY recommend it!"
He's starting a new LIVE training on referrals that I will be participating in. I know his system, but I may get another couple of nuggets out of it.

https://sandyschussel.com/referral-m...eid=ad80122ba1

It starts Thursday, September 14th @ 2pm ET and runs for a total of 6 weeks.

----------

https://vimeo.com/41178791
Old 09-05-2017, 02:38 PM   #7
Guru
axeman462 on Newer Agent Seeking Marketing/general Advice...

State: axeman462 is an Insurance Agent from Florida
axeman462 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
cold calling is all about working the law of averages.
As for referrals I found with my personal book, that they started coming in at a more steady rate, when I had about 100 clients.
There is always other ways of marketing, but it generally costs money. Try to earmark 10-15% of each commission check for marketing. Keep reinvesting into your business, eventually you will see the dividends pay off!

Feel free to give me a call. 352-217-1000 I'm in Florida, not sure of the market you work, but I would be happy to help any way I can.

David Walls
---------------
Lets not get tired of doing good, because in time we'll have a harvest if we don't give up. ~ Galatians 6:9

Last edited by axeman462; 09-05-2017 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:39 AM   #8
Guru
Alston on Newer Agent Seeking Marketing/general Advice...

State: Alston is an Insurance Agent from Connecticut
Alston is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by Liberata View Post
Greetings Everyone!

I stumbled upon this site while doing some general networking, and I could not be more excited. I've always believed forums are the most valuable, honest way to gain information and insight from a wide range of sources.

With that being said, I've been a cold calling warrior for almost a year now. And while it has produced great success, I feel like there should be a certain timeframe where one transitions into gaining more business from referrals and marketing.

What are some effective methods or processes that have worked well for you?

Thank you in advance!
Suggestions:
  • When someone gives you a professional compliment, finesse a review request for your business FB page (or other SM page) into the conversation or email reply.

When they say yes, send them an email with a link. Give instructions in the email. Don't waste your breath giving instructions without a link.
  • Call two to four times per year. "Just wanted to make sure everything is going well with your policy and make sure we still have your current contact information... Do you have any questions for me?... Ask for a referral, review or cross sell only after you have answered all their questions."
  • Mail a generic sales piece four to six times per year. Some should be for the product they bought. (If they are happy with you, they might give it to a friend.) Some should be for another product. (I like postcards.)
  • Send at least one handwritten note per year.
  • Send a handwritten note to thank new clients.
  • Send an email with different verbiage at the same time that thanks them again and asks for a review. (Don't waste time asking for a review offline. If you can't send a link they won't do it.)
  • Send a handwritten note, and possibly a gift, to thank a referrer whether or not you expect to make a sale.
  • Send an email with different verbiage [same as above]
  • Send a drip email campaign.

----------

One more thing:

If you do F2F sales, you should be able to get a review after every sale unless they aren't on the right social media. Everybody who buys is happy with you at the point of sale.

This happened yesterday after I put my laptop into my briefcase.

"Would you mind leaving a review for me on Facebook? I'd really appreciate it?"

"No problem."

"Do you have your phone? If you go to Facebook can show you the page." (If she didn't have her phone, I would have sent her an email later.)

She hands me the phone. I hand it back.

"Please leave a 5 star review, anything less looks like you are unhappy with me."

"No problem. You've answered all our questions. You've been great."

I think she left me the review before I left her driveway.

Alston J. Balkcom
Affordable Connecticut Health Insurance
Insurance Quotes
Insurance Sales Leads - buy trade sell
Insurance Broker -CT licensed since 1985-
and Webmaster
Reply to Newer Agent Seeking Marketing/general Advice... 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions