Online Yellow Pages Scam

Just tell them to hold on that your interested and lay the phone down and see how long they hang on.....

Yeah, how do you get rid of those jerk offs? I get a call from them almost weekly and it drives me nuts. You'd think they would get tired of getting f-bombed to death after awhile.

When I took over the business I took a close look at each and every bill. On the Verizon phone bill I looked and saw each office and then a spot that said additional charges...About $170 per month! There were all of these 888 numbers and websites next to the charges 17.98 on line after line. So I called Verizon and asked what this was...IT IS exactly what you are describing...these crazy companies keep calling and calling and get you to agree to do a free listing and verify your info...and at the end ask if you are authorized to speak on the account. Well I canceled them and told Verizon no one was authorized to speak on this account except ME! Guess what one of these nuts from yellow pages.com had the BALLS to call me and tell me that I broke my contract and now they were going to bill me and take me to collections if I didn’t pay it...I asked who authorized them to start charging...Well the funny thing was they gave me a name of a employee that used to work for us, I told them that she was never authorized to speak on any accounts…and when I asked to hear the recording…they hung up and never heard any more from them... BASTARDS! KEEP your EYE on your bills...Verizon is sneaky too with some of their charges. Something else to keep your eye on…I Found 4 lines that had not been used for about 7 years...dial up lines, and also found that Comcast was charging us for 2 modems at the same office...WOW. You could spend all day just looking over to make sure companies aren't trying to SCREW you... I got a $1,200 credit from Comcast alone… Damn…I need to look over some bills…
:twitchy:

When I took over the business I took a close look at each and every bill. On the Verizon phone bill I looked and saw each office and then a spot that said additional charges...About $170 per month! There were all of these 888 numbers and websites next to the charges 17.98 on line after line. So I called Verizon and asked what this was...IT IS exactly what you are describing...these crazy companies keep calling and calling and get you to agree to do a free listing and verify your info...and at the end ask if you are authorized to speak on the account. Well I canceled them and told Verizon no one was authorized to speak on this account except ME! Guess what one of these nuts from yellow pages.com had the BALLS to call me and tell me that I broke my contract and now they were going to bill me and take me to collections if I didn’t pay it...I asked who authorized them to start charging...Well the funny thing was they gave me a name of a employee that used to work for us, I told them that she was never authorized to speak on any accounts…and when I asked to hear the recording…they hung up and never heard any more from them... BASTARDS! KEEP your EYE on your bills...Verizon is sneaky too with some of their charges. Something else to keep your eye on…I Found 4 lines that had not been used for about 7 years...dial up lines, and also found that Comcast was charging us for 2 modems at the same office...WOW. You could spend all day just looking over to make sure companies aren't trying to SCREW you... I got a $1,200 credit from Comcast alone… Damn…I need to look over some bills…
:twitchy:

I also had that happen to me. I had to do some big complaining to the phone company, to the FCC, and the Indiana Attorney General's office but I got the scam charges removed and refunded.

Mark, the phone books are great for use in your out house. It saves on the expense for toilet paper. I was rold by Rick that you guys in Griffin still have out houses. True?

FP this would be a good case to report to John P for his new scam alert site.

We still pee on trees if that counts as an out house.

When the online version of the "real" yellow pages first came out:They got me.Worse con-job ever.They still are ripping people off.It is any wonder people hate them?

Yeah, I'm telling you they call my office weekly and won't take no for an answer. No other outfit bugs us more...I wouldn't advertise with them on principle at this point.

blowhorn them.........its kinda fun....then ask them to send you the information with a prepaid envelope....when you get that you take a brick and wrap in brown paper then tape the.......

Yeah, I'm telling you they call my office weekly and won't take no for an answer.

I got one of those scam "this is not a bill" that looks like a bill mailings today.

Back