Perform a Service Without Knowing the Details Normally Known

Yuyu12345

Hello,

Can a company ( an insurance company , for example) , which normally does collecting information necessary for the completion of a service (calculating the risk probability..), delegate the task to an external company that will do this job for her, but without the external company gives the details to the insurer but only the conclusion :

For example:
An insurer may provide an insurance service on the basis of a risk ananlysis done by an external risk analysis company but without the external company providing the details of his analysis but only its conclusion .

For example, the external company would say:

"The probability of occurrence of this risk there is .. " (but calculation methods are unknown to the insurer ..)

Generally, what if (for confidentiality reasons..) a compagny must base solely on the findings (not knowing details) of another entity to work ?

I imagine for example that there might be a 2nd external company that would confirm ( testify ) the right conclusions of the first. .

Can the compagny (the insurer in this case) base him on these two conclusions (without knowing the details) to provide the insurance service ?

Did this method already been done (even in other sectors ) and could it be done ?

Thanks

The answer is highly unlikely.

When calculating risk, there are a lot of assumptions made, those assumptions will change the outcome significantly. I can't imagine anyone accepting a topline answer without understanding the risk assumptions that went into it.

Dan

The answer is highly unlikely.

When calculating risk, there are a lot of assumptions made, those assumptions will change the outcome significantly. I can't imagine anyone accepting a topline answer without understanding the risk assumptions that went into it.

Dan

Back