Question That Has Been Bugging Me

I can't seem to figure this out. For Aetna, let's say a person is on the Aetna PPO 2500. If a person goes in for a doctor visit for a lab or xray in the doctors office, would that be subject to copay or deductible plus coinsurance?

What's considered copay for in house lab and xray and what's considered non-copay when xray or lab is done within a doctor's office?

Thanks

I'm not very familiar with Aetna plans personally but when I had a question like this, I would call the carrier, call my rep, or refer to the brochure, etc.

I can't seem to figure this out. For Aetna, let's say a person is on the Aetna PPO 2500. If a person goes in for a doctor visit for a lab or xray in the doctors office, would that be subject to copay or deductible plus coinsurance?

What's considered copay for in house lab and xray and what's considered non-copay when xray or lab is done within a doctor's office?

Thanks

Thanks

If it is preventative care x-ray's and lab work are included in the $200 per exam limit.

I've received conflicting answers from Aetna when I've called. One answer was that the deductible and coinsurance does not apply if the lab or x-ray is done in the doctor's office.

The other answer was that all labs and x-rays are subject to the deductible except for some that are part of preventative care.

I always give my clients the second answer. They are not going to badmouth me if a lab is covered that they expected to pay for.

The other answer was that all labs and x-rays are subject to the deductible except for some that are part of preventative care.

I always give my clients the second answer. They are not going to badmouth me if a lab is covered that they expected to pay for.

Sage advice.

The "youngsters" would be wise to take note.

Back