Client that calls repeatedly

I have a client that calls and texts me more than anyone has since I started in '04. He calls and texts at least a couple of times a week, and most of the calls are unnecessary. This thing has me a little stumped. If it was somebody looking for a hook up or something, then I would understand, but to have another grown man calling you constantly for nonsense, I don't get it.

I know that most Auto/Home agents don't take direct calls, but for the agents that do, how have you handled something like this?

I have a client that calls and texts me more than anyone has since I started in '04. He calls and texts at least a couple of times a week, and most of the calls are unnecessary. This thing has me a little stumped. If it was somebody looking for a hook up or something, then I would understand, but to have another grown man calling you constantly for nonsense, I don't get it.

I know that most Auto/Home agents don't take direct calls, but for the agents that do, how have you handled something like this?

When he texts send back a supposedly looking automated message that says “ you’re on vacation for 10 days “ . Stop returning his calls quickly and don’t return many of them . If he refuses to get the message tell him “ I have 2000 clients but I’m sorry I can’t take your calls daily “ . If he gets snappy tell him to find another agent . I’ve had clients like that the first month or 2 then they stop .Will your dr take your call 5 days a week ?

Here is the Cold Hard Truth: The more time you spend chatting with people the less time you have to analyze, secure, and protect your clients.

Yes there is a small element of having to make small talk to get folks comfortable, but at a certain point this client is impeding on the service that other clients receive, and its not fair.

The most successful agents are not apologetic about being too busy to chat. Just envision yourself being too busy to receive and respond to every passing communication.

Push the communication to email. When they call - send an email response, asking what the question is.

But you cannot spend your time talking to one client 50 times per year... it just does not work that way.
This one always worked for me. When I started out, I was a little too good at building rapport and got more clients like this I should have. They got into a pattern of calling/talking with me. Pushing to email always breaks the pattern.

Just tell him on the forum. I believe he is a forum member

This one always worked for me. When I started out, I was a little too good at building rapport and got more clients like this I should have. They got into a pattern of calling/talking with me. Pushing to email always breaks the pattern.
Glad to know I'm not the only one. I guess that's part of the folksy rapport building. On the other hand, it's some times hard to believe that anyone would want to spend more time, than is absolutely necessary, with an insurance agent.

"There are worse things in life, than death. Have you ever spent an evening with an insurance salesman" Woody Allen

Same. Except I tended to push them mainly to text. More of my seniors text than email consistently.

'Hi Daisy Mae, looks like we covered this 3 months ago, scroll up to Dec 23rd. The answer is the same. Hi to Delbert. Wino'

Back