Remote Selling

Is it possible and legal to sell insurance in the US while living in Europe ?

It's definitely doable. As far as the legality, that could be a problem. I asked my DOI and they said to keep my license I had to be a resident of the state. I asked them what if I didn't tell them that I was living in another country and they told me, "then no one would know".

You'd have to keep an address in your state...maybe use a relatives address and keep a filing cabinet there. there was another short thread about this last year.

If your selling paper apps, then no one would ever know. If your using igo,drop ticket or any other eapp, then they will be able to ping your IP address once you sign.
Just my two cents

If your selling paper apps, then no one would ever know. If your using igo,drop ticket or any other eapp, then they will be able to ping your IP address once you sign.
Just my two cents

I'd hate to have to send paper apps back and forth across the Pond. That would be slow and some of it would never arrive.

Possible: Yes. I spent 3 months in Europe last year and was able to sell. I don't see an issue doing it long term.

Legal: Probably not.

Like Goillini said, no one needs to know you're abroad if you keep an address in your resident state and have someone handling all your paperwork.

Back