Switching from P&c to LAH Advice

Hello,

I have been a p&c agent for the last 12 years. My most recent position was to help a friend start a p&c agency. We started an agency from scratch and eventually he purchased an agency that I used to work for. Long story short, I left the agency because we no longer were seeing eye to eye and seemed to have opposing views on just about everything.

This friend also has a life agency that my husband has worked for the last five years. My husband is very good at selling FE. We have been on carrier incentive trips every year since he got into the business.

I am considering switching to Life Insurance. With this being said, I can learn a lot from my husband but I am not willing to work for the same company. I have read many posts about people starting out at different commission levels and lead programs... All of which are very different from what my husband is doing now. He knocks on doors and does not purchase leads of any kind. I on the other hand am not comfortable doing that. How do I go about getting started with phone sales? What companies offer this? I am not looking to be a "top producer" but I want to do something while my kids are in school. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I have been a p&c agent for the last 12 years. My most recent position was to help a friend start a p&c agency. We started an agency from scratch and eventually he purchased an agency that I used to work for. Long story short, I left the agency because we no longer were seeing eye to eye and seemed to have opposing views on just about everything.

This friend also has a life agency that my husband has worked for the last five years. My husband is very good at selling FE. We have been on carrier incentive trips every year since he got into the business.

I am considering switching to Life Insurance. With this being said, I can learn a lot from my husband but I am not willing to work for the same company. I have read many posts about people starting out at different commission levels and lead programs... All of which are very different from what my husband is doing now. He knocks on doors and does not purchase leads of any kind. I on the other hand am not comfortable doing that. How do I go about getting started with phone sales? What companies offer this? I am not looking to be a "top producer" but I want to do something while my kids are in school. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

another poster on forum was switching from L&H to P&C. Why switch vs. stay with P&C? I'm thinking strongly about getting licensed to sell supps, term, FE. With you having experience on both P&C and husband on L&H thought you might have some good advice.

sorry I have no advice about your questions.

How do I go about getting started with phone sales? What companies offer this?

My only reason for moving to LAH would be for the flexibility. I take off too much time to work "for" someone else to be honest. My niche has been coastal insurance but I'm ready for a change

Hello,

Thanks in advance

There are a few companies that allow telesales in the Fe arena liberty bankers, royal neighbors, Baltimore life, foresters(with upline approval), aig, and kemper to name a few that an independent agent can use and several others that require you to be in a call center like pioneer American and Gerber. As far as imo's go that are able to provide you proper training on selling final expense over the phone goes through, that is the hard part. Since most don't understand how the sales process goes much less how to train someone to succeed at it. If it is something you wish to do though Daviso I surance group, though not liked to much on the forum, has a good platform for it and if your located near Richardson TX Ryan caras over at complete senior benefits would be a good guy to talk to, he's who I have my contracts through.

Fe over the phone is very different from what your husband does same demo graphic just different approach to selling the same product. With the right training and mindset you can make a very good living selling Fe over the phone but more have failed then succeeded trying to do it from home focusing only on Fe. If you search for posts by a forum member gymguy he is very successful at it and had posted several very good threads about it. Unfortunately he no longer posts on here anymore.

Med supps is much more commonly and easily sold over the phone. I don't sell it though so I wouldn't be able to point you in a good direction for it. Tdfncali here on the forum does alot of med supp over the phone from my understanding so he might be a good guy to reach out to for more info.

I wish you the best of luck. Feel free to pm me if you want more info.

Back