Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Insurance Exchange Forum > Georgia

Reply to Becoming an Independent Agent     
Old 03-21-2016, 12:42 PM   #1

State: AgentInsured is an Insurance Agent from
Becoming an Independent Agent Becoming an Independent Agent
Hello,

I'm looking into becoming and independent agent. I came across this company called Empower Brokerage. They are out of Texas and seem to have the answers to what I'm looking for. My goal is to move from the 9-5 office and be able to work from home and with flexibility.

Anyone familiar with this company?

Any recommendations to a company I can look into?

Thanks a lot,
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Becoming an Independent Agent

Old 04-05-2016, 11:03 AM   #2

State: Blessing is an Insurance Agent from
Becoming an Independent Agent Re: Becoming an Independent Agent
I am also looking for something similar. Just got license in GA L & H , will like to connect the companies looking for producers. Am open to a good opportunity to start with learning support.
Any recommendations will be appreciated.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:22 AM   #3
Guru
somarco on Becoming an Independent Agent

State: somarco is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
somarco is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Never heard of Empower Brokerage but their website looks like they want you to sign a blood oath to be part of their team. Based in TX makes me wonder how much local support you will get.

Doesn't appear that any of the principles hold a GA license.

There are 2 Bryan Scott's listed on the GA DOI site. Neither show an affiliation with Empower.

Working from home sounds great but very few people can start out in this business without close support.

Also, any venture involving Obamacare is a dead end street. Most of the carriers have already gone to $0 commission and the chance of writing ancillary business is slim.

The doctor is in. Five cents please.
Georgia Medicare Plans
GA Medicare Supplement Rates
(404) 252-5859
Old 05-15-2016, 11:25 AM   #4

State: Elena Merino is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
If you are considering working in the group segment and looking to work with an agency with compliance resources and technologies contact me and lets chat. We have online enrollment and ACA reporting capabilities as well as various calculators (Pay or Play, Controlled Group, etc.) We also provide 125 Plan and ERISA Wrap documents for a fee.
Reply to Becoming an Independent Agent 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Health Insurance Exchange Forum > Georgia