Anyone Looking for a Producer?

I am kind of in the same ocean (not even in the boat yet). I am a older (50's) professional sales guy who has been in the insurance area for years (not selling insurance, more on the technical end). I have been approached by several companies, agencies to start as an agent. I am just wondering if I am too old to start down this road.

I started four years ago at 50. First year captive, last three years indy, no previous sales or insurance experience. Though I do wish I'd started sooner, it's definitely not too late. Maturity can be an asset in this business, especially in the senior market. My ramp up time to success was pretty fast. Definitely doable for us old guys.

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

Have you looked at American National Insurance? I talked to them but haven't made any decisions yet..

I have searched here on the forum but haven't found info that is good or bad....

No, haven't looked at these guys yet. I'll give 'em a Google and check them out.

I don't think it's ever too late to start a new career, especially if you aren't happy with the one you are with. I'm 40 but even so...never too late!

American National is a good company. In Northern CA, their rates are very competitive for auto and even better for homes. When I talked to them years ago, the type of clients they want are good drivers who are homeowners. They encourage all the agents to sell life, auto, and homeowners to their clients and keep all the policies with American National. The more policies a client has with them, the more they save. You have to talk to them and find out what their current compensation is and see if their rates are competitive in your area.

*disclaimer: I have coverage through ANPAC for my home and auto.

Last edited:
Golf00

I think it's awesome in your fifties you gave up security to follow a dream . The things in life you never do are what you wind up regretting.

I own an Independent Agency in the Portland area, and would be interested in discussing some options with you. I don't have enough posts to pm you, so if you are interested, pm me your contact info!

Tyler

That's great - good luck with your new office. I am with you - I feel like I am 30, but the damn birth certificate doesn't lie!

I am also looking for an agency had license since 2007. Want to make serious career move to senior market, familiar and following exchange as well. Have successful sales background and recruiting experience. I do not know how to use this forum to contact anyone. I did say to allow emails when I registered.
Thanks!

Back