Can a Felon Get a License

Its going to be state specific. Call the department of insurance in the state you are looking for.

Seriously..... It's a fight has nothing to do with money and it's not a felony. Can you say overthinking. This is insurance not brain surgery.

Very well said!!! I wish more people were as fair minded and supportive of the "human element" as you. Thank you!

----------

*note: regarding sick & manipulative people that prey on others such as murderers, rapist & pedophiles... I think background checks can help to protect us from such predators being hired in our schools, churches, hospitals, etc. Background checks are also warranted & can help to detract those that continuously commit fraud, financial distress or major harm to others in society such as; Bernie Madoff. Lastly, Background checks should continue to be a must for the TSA, airlines or any industry vulnerable to terrorism.

Otherwise; we as humans deserve a second chance, pursuit of happiness and ability to work in order to make a decent living. No one wants to be on welfare or at the mercy of the economy.

If a person has paid their debt to society, completed court ordered punishments and the case has been dismissed, I agree with the poster in that, we should be able to pursue a career and have a second chance as long as it is not a threat to anyone.

I even know a few who have a license who aren't convicted felons but they probably should be convicted felons with no license.

Lol.. misdeameanor is a tough word to spell... I believe if you take a deal, you are still a felon?? if not my bad.. bottom line.. this guy took a deal that is 2 yr probabion for a bar fight misdeamonor.. the actual incident might have been different, but lawyer told him its like a barfight,.

I had several misdemeanors (been sober for some time) and got my license. And I know a person with a felony with a license.

Make sure you have all documents exonerating your name. (Court minutes, anger management classes in his case etc etc) And be thoroughly honest when you apply for the license. All though he is on probation, since it is not a crime of fraud or dishonesty he has a good chance.

Back