Does anyone Have Any Feedback on (USABG)??

Regarding the question whether prospective agents have sit through “hours of virtual interviews and paying to get started.”

Well it’s really a common sense thing any company such as USABG that is going to spend a as much on training and sales tools as they do cannot afford to just hire anybody.

This is my first post. What does that have to do with anything? I have been reading the forum for a while now but just have never seen anywhere that I could contribute.
No, I not a recruiter for USABG I am simply an agent that is providing insight to someone who asked a question.

I can surely explain the “value” of working of at United States Benefit Group at least for me I see the value in my position as job where I help others, I make a good living and provide a good product without leaving the comforts of my home to do it.

----------

Tag team? No Go Illini… I am just a guy offering Liz a perspective of what it’s like to work at USABG. I have never met Liz or are we part of “tag team”..it’s unfortunate that when people go on these boards to offer advice they are attacked.

----------

Lets hope John Groce can turn things around for the Illini this year and not hit another big slide once conference time starts.. and don’t even ask me about the football team.. I have been a big fan of U of I for years..I have been to memorial stadium and the old assembly hall numerous times.

Groce is the right man for the job. Not so sure about Beckman. Go Illini!!!
My apologies if I was wrong.

Last edited:
You should NEVER have to pay a Company for them to allow you to make money for them.
Training can be found anywhere for little or nothing.
I still believe both posters are in cahoots.

You should NEVER have to pay a Company for them to allow you to make money for them. Training can be found anywhere for little or nothing. I still believe both posters are in cahoots.

~ agree, never
~ agree! this forum and searching YouTube
~ they sure are

~ agree, never
~ agree! this forum and searching YouTube
~ they sure are

You should NEVER have to pay a Company for them to allow you to make money for them.

------------------------------------

The two of you are negative about anything regarding our approach due to the fact that you would like to remain locked in that old traditional way of selling insurance. I understand that.

However, if I owned a company and spent as much time and money on training and tools as USABG does on all of their agents, I would certainly want to make sure that the agents had some of their own skin in the game. This just adds to someone’s commitment level as well as I am sure helps out with the expense in running a firm of this magnitude.

What you have to remember guys, is that things are changing it take a lot more of an investment for a virtual company to provide what’s needed by agents to do a good job than it does from the old traditional way of doing things like you guys do. Just because someone does something differently does mean its bad or scam or anything like that.

It’s always the individual’s choice to make his or her own decision on whether they want to work in a virtual system or in old traditional system. For me it’s made all the difference in the world which by the way is not that much money at all especially when you are talking about a career.

----------

Groce is the right man for the job. Not so sure about Beckman. Go Illini!!!
My apologies if I was wrong.

No problem Go illini..... I more steamed about that what was done to our boys back in 05 in the NCAA championship game...its shocking and not surprising to hear about the academic athletic scandal at North Carolina...well I can tell you this ...alternatively if the Illini had won the title and they had the same academic athletic scandal at the U of I ...the NCAA would been over at Ubben Center the day after allegations to grab the trophy and hand it to Carolina. GO ILLINI

------------------------------------

The two of you are negative about anything regarding our approach due to the fact that you would like to remain locked in that old traditional way of selling insurance. I understand that.

However, if I owned a company and spent as much time and money on training and tools as USABG does on all of their agents, I would certainly want to make sure that the agents had some of their own skin in the game. This just adds to someone’s commitment level as well as I am sure helps out with the expense in running a firm of this magnitude.

What you have to remember guys, is that things are changing it take a lot more of an investment for a virtual company to provide what’s needed by agents to do a good job than it does from the old traditional way of doing things like you guys do. Just because someone does something differently does mean its bad or scam or anything like that.

It’s always the individual’s choice to make his or her own decision on whether they want to work in a virtual system or in old traditional system. For me it’s made all the difference in the world which by the way is not that much money at all especially when you are talking about a career.

----------

No problem Go illini..... I more steamed about that what was done to our boys back in 05 in the NCAA championship game...its shocking and not surprising to hear about the academic athletic scandal at North Carolina...well I can tell you this ...alternatively if the Illini had won the title and they had the same academic athletic scandal at the U of I ...the NCAA would been over at Ubben Center the day after allegations to grab the trophy and hand it to Carolina. GO ILLINI

Illinois was robbed in that game. May was throwing our players into the stands and Augustine hardly played because of 3 phantom fouls...2 of them he was even near anybody. :mad:

This is the 3rd time this has come up about NC and their players not going to class. Will the NCAA kiss their ass a 3rd time?:mad:

I am almost afraid to mention this but I am a first time blogger to the forum as well. The reason that I am writing is that I too am an agent for USABG and I feel that I have something to offer this discussion.

I also interviewed for signature senior broker position at USABG (for which at this position they do charge a $850 set up fee) however I did not get selected. So I decide to interview for an entry level agent position where I was hired.

An agent seeking a position with USABG can always interview for the entry level agent position if not selected for the signature level position like I did.
However, the entry level agent doesn’t receive the same package that a signature level agent does which includes commission levels, website, quoting software etc. etc. at no charge.

If selected for the signature position I would have been more than happy to pay the $850 startup fee for the signature level position however they have a large and very competitive applicant pool. The organization has a special division that interviews senior level agents.

f you have the right qualifications you can interview for the position. They only hire only 1 to 2 signature level agents per year per state. I will certainly reapply next year. If I were to give anyone any advice, if qualified, I would definitely pursue the signature level senior broker position.

This is a position that people apply for by choice and are told about the one time start up expense at the very beginning of the interview process. It’s the only position at USABG that has any expense attached to it that I know of and they are very clear on what that expense is from the very beginning.

Answer the question:

What states are you all in?

USABG is licensed in all 50 states. As an agent you must have a resident license and then you able to buy as many non-resident licenses as you want. Most agents have 5 or 6 non-resident licenses. I hope that helps.

Why are you paying $850 for a signature agent? When did they start charging that? I started with USABG in July of 2011, became a signature agent(anyone can become a signature agent as long as you do the training that they ask of you) and never had to pay anything. Except for the $79.95 a month for iboomerang that I found you could get a lot cheaper for video conferences somewhere else.I have been with USA Benefits group for 3 years and never heard of Kevin O. Every Monday's they do a virtual meeting and agents that write $10,000 a week or more are recognized. Kevin O would of definitely been recognized making a six figure income. Out of 120 agents there are usually no more than 15 agents who hit that quota. Kevin, never mentions the $1500+ a month in leads they highly suggest you buy. They have one agents that was writing $40,000+ a week, comparing everyone to this super writer and neglected to tell everyone she owns a insurance company and is just replacing the insurance with USABG carriers. Their carriers are not very good and I contracted with carriers like United Health Care. Except for a couple good managers, the two I went through only care about the bottom line. GV was so short that I got to the point I would not ask any questions. If you don't write at least $10,000 a week he lets you know your worthless. They would not release my contract for, 2 years!!!!. So got contracted with quality carriers and making money. If your looking to sell insurance over the phone I would look somewhere else.

Back