Getting Started in FE

It seems that every new agent wants to sell FE. It must be amazingly easy and almost everyone succeeds.

Not once do I recall seeing a post saying "I'd like to learn to sell insurance and am thinking about UHC, Humana or other MA carriers."

If I had to start over and had the same limited knowledge of SAI, that's what I might do.

Rick

I'd like to learn to sell insurance and am thinking about UHC, Humana or other MA carriers.

It seems that every new agent wants to sell FE. It must be amazingly easy and almost everyone succeeds.

Not once do I recall seeing a post saying "I'd like to learn to sell insurance and am thinking about UHC, Humana or other MA carriers."

If I had to start over and had the same limited knowledge of SAI, that's what I might do.

Rick

That's true. Most will not succeed. I started selling MA and Supplements 1-2-2008. In March of that year I sold my first FE policies to a very nice couple that are MA and FE clients still. I got a commission of $1,487.00 for those two FE policies and that was the day that I became a FE salesman. I still do MA but I needed the FYC that FE provided to make a living. Most FE salesman will sell a policy or two and get their commission and think they are in fat city so they don't need to order any more leads for a while. Starvation sets in until they get new leads in. This up and down continues until their wife is sick of hearing how much money they made last week but there's no money in the bank. Then it's time to go back to the dealership selling cars because "FE doesn't work." I sell annuities, Fully Underwritten life, FE, MA, supps, etc. FE is attractive for a new agent because of the FYC. Most recruiters are heavy on the FYC and light on the lead cost. The only one I've ever heard the truth about FE from was Travis. If you don't buy FRESH leads EVERY WEEK you will fail. There for a little while I was "recruiting" and I got to a point at the end that I would tell a new recruit that if he wanted my help or training he had to order leads every week. If not, don't call.

That's true. Most will not succeed. I started selling MA and Supplements 1-2-2008. In March of that year I sold my first FE policies to a very nice couple that are MA and FE clients still. I got a commission of $1,487.00 for those two FE policies and that was the day that I became a FE salesman. I still do MA but I needed the FYC that FE provided to make a living. Most FE salesman will sell a policy or two and get their commission and think they are in fat city so they don't need to order any more leads for a while. Starvation sets in until they get new leads in. This up and down continues until their wife is sick of hearing how much money they made last week but there's no money in the bank. Then it's time to go back to the dealership selling cars because "FE doesn't work." I sell annuities, Fully Underwritten life, FE, MA, supps, etc. FE is attractive for a new agent because of the FYC. Most recruiters are heavy on the FYC and light on the lead cost. The only one I've ever heard the truth about FE from was Travis. If you don't buy FRESH leads EVERY WEEK you will fail. There for a little while I was "recruiting" and I got to a point at the end that I would tell a new recruit that if he wanted my help or training he had to order leads every week. If not, don't call.

Good stuff and all true.

Back