Getting Started in the Insurance industry

Because if you don't take the time to read the agent guides, you will end up not getting paid!

The unsuccessful agents seem to refuse to read the agent guide or read anything that can help them.
I'm assuming that the agent guide is written by the carrier to help guide the agent to properly market and sell the product? Just how do you get your hands on the agent guides to educate yourself, and do these agent guides give examples on how best to position the product?

I'm assuming that the agent guide is written by the carrier to help guide the agent to properly market and sell the product? Just how do you get your hands on the agent guides to educate yourself, and do these agent guides give examples on how best to position the product?

The home office will send you one and also have it on their website.

Before you sell anything with the company, read it.

Hello everyone, first time poster here.

I stumbled upon the forum yesterday and have since read threads for over 5 hours. I'm very interested and I even purchased a 500 page L&H study book of which I nailed out the first three chapters before bed last night. With that being said, I do have a question after stumbling upon a thread last night...

Some of the initial posts to the newbie threads mention starting with L&H while getting acquainted with the industry. Work at it hard for 6 months before adding extra licenses to the arsenal (some of these recommendations date back to 2007). I've read articles regarding ObamaCare and some members are advising that right now is an unfortunate time to be entering the Health side of the business. With that being said, is there a recommended/more lucrative side of the business to get your feet wet for a Noob like myself? Only focus on life, start with P&C? By the way, I'm 24/Male, Finance degree, 3 years accounting/finance experience for medical tech companies.

Gentlemen/Ladies, thank you for your countless hours of documenting your business procedures.

-Chris

Frank do you have your own call center, or do you just have field agents under you? Just wondering if what you are doing is all done over the phone?

I ask because I am part of an agency here in San Diego that just recently put together a mini call center for calling T-65's, 3 telemarketers on a dialer calling for 2 licensed agents. I'm going to be the one that calls them on the FE after the advantage or med-supp plan is sold.

I think that the FE is better sold by the agent that sold the Med supp or advantage plan but for some reason our agents are gun shy on the cross sell. Your thoughts?

Frank do you have your own call center, or do you just have field agents under you? Just wondering if what you are doing is all done over the phone?

I ask because I am part of an agency here in San Diego that just recently put together a mini call center for calling T-65's, 3 telemarketers on a dialer calling for 2 licensed agents. I'm going to be the one that calls them on the FE after the advantage or med-supp plan is sold.

I think that the FE is better sold by the agent that sold the Med supp or advantage plan but for some reason our agents are gun shy on the cross sell. Your thoughts?

Please check the laws regarding calling an advantage customer for any other coverage.

In addition, with only 8% of people in CA not on the DNC list, how many T65 people do you think you'll be able to call?

Rick

Well.....I just ordered Franks program....hope it gets me going in the right direction!! I can tell ya, it's a tough business to be in by yourself with no support or training!

Carroll/anyone using YIO,
I'm looking into purchasing Franks YIO. Any feedback 2 years later?

Thanks

Hello everyone, first time poster here.

I stumbled upon the forum yesterday and have since read threads for over 5 hours. I'm very interested and I even purchased a 500 page L&H study book of which I nailed out the first three chapters before bed last night. With that being said, I do have a question after stumbling upon a thread last night...

Some of the initial posts to the newbie threads mention starting with L&H while getting acquainted with the industry. Work at it hard for 6 months before adding extra licenses to the arsenal (some of these recommendations date back to 2007). I've read articles regarding ObamaCare and some members are advising that right now is an unfortunate time to be entering the Health side of the business. With that being said, is there a recommended/more lucrative side of the business to get your feet wet for a Noob like myself? Only focus on life, start with P&C? By the way, I'm 24/Male, Finance degree, 3 years accounting/finance experience for medical tech companies.

Gentlemen/Ladies, thank you for your countless hours of documenting your business procedures.

-Chris

I guess it all depends on what you want to do. I'm in p&c and love it now that my business is over 10 years old...but the first few years are tough to get rolling enough to stay out of the "red". I think if you can get direct appointments with good companies that are hungry to write what you want to write, you'll really like p&c.

I can't comment on health, med sup, etc as I don't do that...

Carroll/anyone using YIO,
I'm looking into purchasing Franks YIO. Any feedback 2 years later?

Thanks

With the exception of one person on the forum, you will get positive feedback about YIO.

I've used it for many years and quite happy with the low price and turn-key operation.

I also like the fact that it's on MY computer, rather than on the net.

Rick

Back