I Was Doing "_________" Before Insurance..

You made more in car sales than insurance?

I had years in the car business that certainly rivaled my insurance income, but starting every month over at scratch and working those terrible hours make this job so much better. Even during AEP, I have never worked as many hours as I did during the busy months selling cars.

I was a small engine mechanic for Sears and a church pianist. Started insurance career in 1978 and semi-retired in 2010. Along the way, I have enjoyed several other careers while working in insurance including; ministry, teaching, music store owner, mortgage broker, and Bible College President.

I Returned to insurance full-time in 2013 as Independent Agent leveraging my experience as a Broker/Manager helping agents grow and maintain their business.

Well before I was doing this I owned a Gunsmithing company. I started the company from scratch and ran from the age of 22. I was extremely burned out by it after about five years. My commercial lawyer had left his practice behind to enter the insurance field, convinced me to meet his GA. With in three months I had a P&C/ LHA license and the rest is history.

Back