Opinion of Premier Insurance Partners

On the contracts I have with them, they are much higher than I could get direct.

Thanks. Could you site some examples? What are your thoughts on the PIP contract itself should the marriage go sour?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
EDIT: One thing I wanted to add that I just found out is that Premier does not require a contract. The only contracts are with the ins companies themselves. If that helps anyone...it does me.

Last edited:
If you are an agent looking for an FMO stay away. I contracted through them to represent Universal American and was given the street level contract that everyone gets for Medicare Advantage plans. They changed my contract to the lowest contract available without my knowledge. I was not even aware they had that low of a contract for agents. I am assuming it is a contract for agents that receive leads and support. I have never received any leads or support from them. I wrote over 30 MAPD plans with Texan Plus for AEP. I then found out they were paying me the lowest level that I never signed. I actually lost $50 per application because the standard renewal with all the other carriers would have paid me $50 more if I would have just left my clients in their current plan. I contacted PIP and all they could say was yes we don't know why you were put on the lower level, but we will immediately move your contract back to the normal street level contract. I showed them the email and contract that I had signed and that I was supposed to already be on the street level contract. PIP acknowledged that but said they could not back pay me even though they got paid all the overrides. They actually got paid as much or more than I did because they had me on such a low contract and I did all the work. I have been working with them for over 2 months trying to get them to do the right thing but now they ignore my emails. I was not asking for anything but to be paid the normal street level commission for the work I did. I think that is fair but I guess they do not. I filed a complaint with the BBB and today received a termination of contract letter.

If you are an agent looking for an FMO stay away. I contracted through them to represent Universal American and was given the street level contract that everyone gets for Medicare Advantage plans. They changed my contract to the lowest contract available without my knowledge. I was not even aware they had that low of a contract for agents. I am assuming it is a contract for agents that receive leads and support. I have never received any leads or support from them. I wrote over 30 MAPD plans with Texan Plus for AEP. I then found out they were paying me the lowest level that I never signed. I actually lost $50 per application because the standard renewal with all the other carriers would have paid me $50 more if I would have just left my clients in their current plan. I contacted PIP and all they could say was yes we don't know why you were put on the lower level, but we will immediately move your contract back to the normal street level contract. I showed them the email and contract that I had signed and that I was supposed to already be on the street level contract. PIP acknowledged that but said they could not back pay me even though they got paid all the overrides. They actually got paid as much or more than I did because they had me on such a low contract and I did all the work. I have been working with them for over 2 months trying to get them to do the right thing but now they ignore my emails. I was not asking for anything but to be paid the normal street level commission for the work I did. I think that is fair but I guess they do not. I filed a complaint with the BBB and today received a termination of contract letter.

That's odd. I have never had any sort of problem whatsoever from them. Why did you not check your commission schedule when you received your contract? That's the very first thing I do.

I had a copy of the commission schedule they emailed me when I contracted with them. It was not any special contract for recruiting not did it have production requirements, it was a standard street level contract. I am appointed with 15 or so companies and have never had one change the contract commission level they sent me once I contracted. I noticed I was being paid less but thought I was on a 9 month advance because it figured out to be about 75%. When I did not see the commissions after 9 months I started to ask questions. I had to call the insurance company to even find out who my FMO was. Once I contacted them they immediately said yes we see you are on the wrong contract and put me at a contract one level above the one I had originally signed but then when I showed the proof of the original level that I had signed they stopped returning any emails or phone calls. I filed a complaint and so now they have sent a letter of termination and also will not release my contract even though they are terminating my contract so I cannot re contract with another FMO. I have all the documentation and proof this is all the truth and I have never in my 22 years as an agent had a problem or issue with an FMO, so I am not someone that can never be satisfied. They are wrong and they know it and not do not want to make things right by an agent that made them money and that they owe.

I had a copy of the commission schedule they emailed me when I contracted with them. It was not any special contract for recruiting not did it have production requirements, it was a standard street level contract. I am appointed with 15 or so companies and have never had one change the contract commission level they sent me once I contracted. I noticed I was being paid less but thought I was on a 9 month advance because it figured out to be about 75%. When I did not see the commissions after 9 months I started to ask questions. I had to call the insurance company to even find out who my FMO was. Once I contacted them they immediately said yes we see you are on the wrong contract and put me at a contract one level above the one I had originally signed but then when I showed the proof of the original level that I had signed they stopped returning any emails or phone calls. I filed a complaint and so now they have sent a letter of termination and also will not release my contract even though they are terminating my contract so I cannot re contract with another FMO. I have all the documentation and proof this is all the truth and I have never in my 22 years as an agent had a problem or issue with an FMO, so I am not someone that can never be satisfied. They are wrong and they know it and not do not want to make things right by an agent that made them money and that they owe.

That's rough. Contact an attorney if they have caused you a loss that you cannot make up.
The only issue I have had from them is constant calls and emails. I had a contract through Frank Stastny before Frank passed away. Turned out his contract was through PIP. I do not have any other contracts through them, but they continue to call and email me about contracts that I already have asking me to move those over to PIP. I have unsubscribed from their emails, but they continue to email and call.

Back