P&C Brokerage for an Independent Producer?

mdubphilly

My business has been focused in the real estate market and mortgages since its inception. i recently decided it was time to start expanding into other markets and so i hired a property and casualty insurance producer. She is currently getting her licensed renewed and then will begin writing business for us. I have a local insurance brokerage that i can write my business with for now but i am looking for a larger company that will offer higher commission splits and more carriers for added flexibility in our products and premiums as i would like to expand this to Life, Commercial, and possibly other insurances as well.

I am, however, having quite a difficult time locating companies whose producer platform fits this model. Does anyone out there have any recommendations for me of companies to look into or carriers that are bringing on new independent agents by any chance?

thanks for any assistance.
Mark

From your post (and I know posts are limited) it seems like you don't know enough about p&c work. Your producer would know more than you which I feel puts you at risk. If the producer leaves or develops a poor relationship with underwriter or loss ratio heats up you wouldn't have a way to solve those problems. I may be wrong here and eager to see what other contributors say but I do believe you would have to be more engaged to guide that side of your business.

Back