Pre Licensing School in NC?

Here is the list I came up with....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
quess I should post it too :)
American Finacial StudiesCarolina Insurance SchoolCertified Training InstituteDixion Hall Insurance IIANC IES Lewis Financial ServicesThe Randleman CompanyTriad Insurance SchoolA+ School of Insurance Agents Choice Insurance School
The DOI website has all the schools around you area.
Yep. They list 14 pages of them. Too many to comprehend. I went through the list and narrowed down. I would also like to know have people been sucessful with online vs. correspondence? Is there a general preference?

AWH...I should have just kept up with my CEs. :(

Last edited:
I agree, IES was good to me when I learned P&C. DC is pretty cool.

For L&H I did a self-study using examfx. I don't recommend doing that for P&C.

I agree, IES was good to me when I learned P&C. DC is pretty cool.

For L&H I did a self-study using examfx. I don't recommend doing that for P&C.

Thank you. I would be getting my L&H. How do I go about getting into ExamFX? Go through the IES site?
I liked Dixon Hall as well. I think I would have to go to Raleigh to take the classroom test with IES. Is anyone familar with Dixon Hall?

Last edited:
IES does a self-study for life and health as well if you want. I just got a deal doing examfx but otherwise I would have done IES, I support their business. DC is one of the main guys there for P&C but I think he doesn't like doing life and health because it's too easy, in his opinion. However, IES does do independent study as well for L&H if you want.

I think you'd do well with that company in NC. They have a lot of places that they will teach like Charlotte, Raleigh, and places like that. It's about a week and you do the end-of-course exam there to get the certificate to take your licensing exam. I got a 100 and 98 on DC's P&C exam and the state tests were a LOT easier.

Word of advice, the NC exams are wordier than most of the places you get training for. So be careful.

Let us know if you have any questions! I'm P&C and L&H licensed now in the state of NC. I'd recommend taking the extra day and get medicare licensed as well, it'll be a pain having to turn down business without it.

I used to send all of my new hires to IES, and didn't have any issues in the classroom part of it.

Agentschoiceonline.com is pretty good as well. If you already know the material, can fly through the class and just take the exams.. great for those that let their license lapse. they are pretty quick to mail out the completion certificate as well. other online carriers that i've sent agents to haven't always been prompt with that part of the transaction

Back