What Does "a Good Lead System" Mean ?

squeed

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I've read posts about IMO's and making sure that you find a "good lead system". What exactly does that mean "good lead system" ?

-S

A good lead system is one that can consistently generate quality leads. I don't know that them being free based on production is necessarily makes them any good. Assurant has a lead program that gives you free leads, but lately they've been junk so you spend far too much time chasing people down and not enough time writing business. Even if you write enough business to get them for free, there's more to consider than the price.
If you have a lead system that can consistently generate leads of people who want to talk to you about the products you're offering and you're getting a good ROI, then it's a good lead system, even if you have to pay for it. One thing to keep in mind is that lead systems generally go stale after a while so even if you do find one that's working well, it's always a good idea to keep an eye on what's available and even try other things out so you can avoid dry spells.

Mmmm....kinda. there are MGAs that put agents on 20% street contracts and give them free leads when they hit production marks. Those are indeed free leads over agents who just get 20% with no lead bonus program.

MedicarePlanSulutions -- thanks for sharing info on the Assurant lead program. Didn't know they had a program like that. Does Assurant itself run this program, or is it through your FMO with perhaps a co-op subsidy from the home office? Also, would you mind briefly explaining why the leads are junk? You help and advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

atlantainsguy

MedicarePlanSulutions -- thanks for sharing info on the Assurant lead program. Didn't know they had a program like that. Does Assurant itself run this program, or is it through your FMO with perhaps a co-op subsidy from the home office? Also, would you mind briefly explaining why the leads are junk? You help and advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

atlantainsguy

Have used their program and leads and have never missed a cruise....THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS JUNK!!! It's always of value to someone. Those leads which I and many others have used for several years are INDEED FREE. But they are only one part of a 6-part marketing strategy. Never fear the word free. Never fear technology. Simply understand CPS and consistently use the Clear Daily Work Model.

Those agents that do 1 thing great get paid very well for that one thing....they get an A+. I would rather do several things very good and get paid great....

If I can provide you with superior service upfront and continue to take care of you year after year......that makes for good renewals.

I consider good renewals $10,000 per month.

I'm not sure of the context of the question, but for me, a good lead system isn't so much about how I get leads, but how I manage them once I have them.

To many agents don't have a good 'in-house' lead system. They aren't tracked and followed up on in the way they should be.

Dan

I'm not sure of the context of the question, but for me, a good lead system isn't so much about how I get leads, but how I manage them once I have them.

To many agents don't have a good 'in-house' lead system. They aren't tracked and followed up on in the way they should be.

Dan

SOOOOO TRUE. The either do not have a system in place or don't follow it...That's what makes buying such a system such a farce.

atlantainsguy

Assurant does it through only a handful of FMO's. The program is discussed on another thread here. They're junk because you have to work through a lot of leads to get through to the ones that are people who are legitimately interested in health insurance. From what I understand the program was great when it started, but my FMO is telling me that the quality has slid a lot. Maybe other FMO's are getting the gravy leads and sending mine the left overs, or maybe it's the areas they're working, but from my experience and that over others working the program it's not the best bang you can get for your buck. PM or e-mail me if you want more info.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Have used their program and leads and have never missed a cruise....THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS JUNK!!! It's always of value to someone. Those leads which I and many others have used for several years are INDEED FREE. But they are only one part of a 6-part marketing strategy. Never fear the word free. Never fear technology. Simply understand CPS and consistently use the Clear Daily Work Model.

Again, I think it's the quality as of late which is the issue, not what the program has been historically. You also can't tell me with a straight face that Assurant doesn't have any cost for the leads or that the cost they have doesn't get passed on to the agent in some way, shape or form.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS JUNK!!!"? Really? That seems to go along with something a friend of mine once said, "Work hard, not smart!" In all fairness, he was an amateur body builder so I guess that did help him reach his goals. Personally I would much rather work with a lead system that is not making me work through 50 leads to find 12 prospects and only get 6 sales out of it. I'm not saying it's a terrible program and that no one should work it, but I spend my time working exclusive leads talking to people who are expecting my call and want to talk to me about saving money on their health insurance and/or getting better coverage.

Last edited:
Back