Why Did You Become an Insurance Agent?

I got into this industry originally because I needed money, freedom, and I wanted to quit working for someone else.

Now, its about helping people....of course still got to make that money!

First job out of college. Being a 1099 producer sounded like a great way to work for myself.

Same here. I applied to at least 100 jobs, had about 3 interviews, then a friend of a friend told me to work for her nephew's Primerica agency.....in a different timezone. When communicating over the phone to my upline didn't work out, I decided to work for a local insurance agent I met at a local event.

My goal, whether it's reasonable or not, is to earn a six-figure income for myself so that I can invest a good chunk of it in rental properties. I also want to learn all I can about selling. Then, I may move over into real estate sales so I can learn what I can about that market.

I was looking for a job as a consultant, got called by NY Life for an interview, I regretted agreeing for an interview at an insurance company, so I skipped the 1st interview, but they called back and talked me into another 1st round interview. WHile I left NY Life several years ago, I love this jobs craziness, the confidence it has given me and that I can make money meeting interesting people. I also like the safety of this business, as long as I can find loving and caring people, I can make money. I no longer have to attend boring corporate meetings, and no one can win any arguement with me. I have an answer for everything thanks to 10 years in life insurance business.

I was an A&H agent with Combined years ago and left when I had my first child.
Currently, I'm a licensed nurse in both FL and NY and lived in both states in 2014.
After several years as a nurse I'm burnt out. I'm planning to get my life / A&H license again.
Any opinions on opportunities in FL or NY is appreciated.

I was introduced into the Insurance realm just by chance. Job loss=Divorce=moved = needed a job. And quickly figured out the potential this industry has. My first year was intoxicating, year two was better and each year the residuals+a few large cases for life and 3 month Obama Care now is not bad in terms of time/Financial and for some strange reason I love insurance....

Back