New Agent

Ashez

I just want to say thanks to all the discussions on this forum. I just passed my 2-15 Florida license a few weeks ago. I am starting part time(I know some will disagree with this decision). I have been in sales in the past but for the past 5 years I've been working as a corrections officer. I'll still be devoting about 30 hours a week to my insurance business and hope to be able to transition full time within about a year. However with the learning curve as well as failure rate in insurance I've got to keep my bases covered as I've got a family to support.

I hope to be able to be active in some of these conversations soon.

Welcome.

200w.gif

Attachments

• upload_2023-10-22_20-1-9.png
    upload_2023-10-22_20-1-9.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Corrections officer, huh? What is that like?
Depends on the day. I've seen and experienced things that the general public doesn't want to know about. I specialize in gangs, which dealing with them is a lot different than dealing with general population. Recently (last week), an inmate from a different prison escaped I assisted with the recapture. He was gone for 4 days and in that time was only able to move 6.3 miles due to the amount of pressure we had deployed to the field.

It's a thankless job. The public doesn't think about what we do and the families of the incarcerated overall don't like us. However, the relationships you build with your brothers are beyond compare to just friends as these are the ones that come running to your side or you to theirs when hits the fan.

Depends on the day. I've seen and experienced things that the general public doesn't want to know about. I specialize in gangs, which dealing with them is a lot different than dealing with general population. Recently (last week), an inmate from a different prison escaped I assisted with the recapture. He was gone for 4 days and in that time was only able to move 6.3 miles due to the amount of pressure we had deployed to the field.

It's a thankless job. The public doesn't think about what we do and the families of the incarcerated overall don't like us. However, the relationships you build with your brothers are beyond compare to just friends as these are the ones that come running to your side or you to theirs when hits the fan.

I can see the transferrable skills. You'll be good at chasing down insureds for their late payments and remain in a thankless role :biggrin: I say this in jest of course. I can see why you would want to transition out of that world. It sounds like it could be dangerous for a persons long term health!

Welcome to the forums. I hope your insurance career blossoms so that you can make the leap

Back