Anyone Know the Skinny on US Health Group?

3rd working business day of every month !!

I too was wondering about US Health, they seem to be recruiting a lot and I see here in one of my states Freedom Life just filed for an plan on the exchange. If Im not mistaken FreedomLife is owned by US or the other way around? Not that Freedom LIfe is extraordinary by any stretch of the imagination, but filing on the exchange they have be doing somethings right.

As far as Mega from the days before, those leads were always a sure thing once you showed them how bad their coverage really was (the fine print). I can understand why their agents liked it because the company could pay out higher commissions. But any time agents talk more about sales than insurance and coming from anyone who only has posted on here a couple of times just doesnt pass the smell test any longer.

I love how this guy keeps referring to "approved in" so many states, blows up Obama care and "rebuilds" it like thats a good thing? What about the IRS penalty, the scheduled benefits and so forth? Yeah I can sell used clunkers too!

Can I get a truthful answer on here from someone who is honest about US Health?

I don't think US Health Group and it's Freedom Life subsidiary are on solid financial footing any longer. If you look at their product highlight page http://www.ushealthgroup.com/SecureAdvantage.aspx , one of the bullet-points says that the health insurance is now "reinsured" through some un-named carrier. The fine-print below the bullet-points is in the smallest size fonts I've ever seen.

US Health Group is captive and selling indemnity products with a rider that allows conversion to an STM product with a deductible when the epiphany finally strikes.

They do however allow AHCP agents to sell a similar product without the STM rider, and AHCP has an exclusive guaranteed issue short term medical plan so non-captive equivalents are available. For that reason I really can't think of any good reason to go captive with them.

AHCP's (NHIC) IntriumCare uses Aetna's network, gives 3 free visits covered in full, $50 urgent care copays, etc. The difference between the standard and GI version is max coverage. GI is 100k, standard is $2 million.

The same company has Accimed which is approved almost everywhere including CA and Triomed which is accident+CI+ADB.

Cool thing is if you cross-sell the NHIC supps with their STM they waive the $20/month association fee on the STM, so selling the supplements is easy. Comp is higher than AIG's accident plan and the plan is structured the same. The app is only one page though, so that's a nice difference.

Short Term Medical Insurance is always a better choice than an indemnity plan.

Contact me if you want these products, I and my partner were both founders (part of the original dozen agents) over at Velapoint so I have very high contracts. Velapoint was the highest producing health insurance call center in the US, that's how the guy who owns it was able to afford to buy AHCP 3 years ago.

Oregon has been a center of health insurance innovation the past few years. Hillsboro, Oregon, home of Intel, is also home to some of the largest health insurance call centers in the country, and Velapoint decided to "franchise" by purchasing AHCP.

Last edited:
Indemnities are appropriate when sold upon request and are not pushed as substitutes to QHPs. Order of operations should always be major med, then STM, and then accident insurance/ci/indemnity with advice to get on something better as soon as conditions allow for it.

This should go in the Offers section and there should also be an 'IMO' in front of anything you say regarding Indemnity plans, I don't consider them 'appropriate' for anyone and most other posters in this forum would probably agree with me.

Last edited:
Back