Bcbspa ?

Ins.dave, there are 4 BX's in PA. Independence BX, Highmark, Capital BX, and BX of Northeastern PA. However, there is only one statewide Blue Shield and that is run by Highmark. Which one are you interested in? There are a few good IMO's for IBC.

F me ...
Look, if someone forces my hand cause they "have to have BC," I just don't wanna lose the deal cause i don't have access to their products?
I got my non res. renewed yesterday finally. most of the time it will be a 5000 ded. 80 or 70% coin plan...

Sounds like highmark cause it's statewide.

Last edited:
F me ...
Look, if someone forces my hand cause they "have to have BC," I just don't wanna lose the deal cause i don't have access to their products?
I got my non res. renewed yesterday finally. most of the time it will be a 5000 ded. 80 or 70% coin plan...

Sounds like highmark cause it's statewide.

Highmark is not "Statewide"

Highmark BCBS covers mostly western PA.
Highmark Blue Shield covers Central Pa & Lehigh Valley
Capital Blue Cross covers Central Pa & Lehigh Valley
Independence Blue Cross covers 5 county Phila area.
Blue Cross of NEPA covers NEPA

No Blue covers the entire state of Pa.. yeah its pretty strange. It tends to confuse the **** out of consumers which I believe is good for the agent.

Cheers

Highmark is not "Statewide"

Highmark BCBS covers mostly western PA.
Highmark Blue Shield covers Central Pa & Lehigh Valley
Capital Blue Cross covers Central Pa & Lehigh Valley
Independence Blue Cross covers 5 county Phila area.
Blue Cross of NEPA covers NEPA

No Blue covers the entire state of Pa.. yeah its pretty strange. It tends to confuse the **** out of consumers which I believe is good for the agent.

Cheers

I beg to differ with you. You're half right in that no Blue Cross in PA is statewide; however, Blue Shield is statewide. There is only one Blue Shield in PA and Highmark runs it!

I got PA clients from the olden times ... we need more UHC before we lose that contract ...?
That means go'n back into the Midwest where H doesn't push them out?

I beg to differ with you. You're half right in that no Blue Cross in PA is statewide; however, Blue Shield is statewide. There is only one Blue Shield in PA and Highmark runs it!

Since when can an individual or business owner purchase a Highark Blue Shield policy in the 5 county Phila area.Try running a quote for Highmark Blue Shield in the Phila area.. you will get nowhere fast. Also Highmark is adamant about the 2 seperate corporations. They require seperate licensing and training for all products. I dont believe there is any GA that has Contracts in both regions.(none that I know of anyway)

If your referring to the Highmark provider networks then I agree with you. Highmark will share networks/services.

Via the Highmark website.

Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield serves the 29 counties of Western Pennsylvania. Highmark Blue Shield serves the 21 counties of Central Pennsylvania and the Lehigh Valley as a full-service health plan. It also provides services in conjunction with Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania in Northeastern Pennsylvania and Independence Blue Cross in Southeastern Pennsylvania.

Again.. IMHO, I will say that no Blue in PA is statewide.

What I'm saying is if you pick any Blue in PA and become licensed with them.. you better know the counties they offer products in.

Back