Humana One Good or Bad?

In my experience...Humana is GOOD with taking care of clients' needs. I get no complaints, but I just started writing Humana health policies a few months ago.Humana is BAD in that they have no downloadable quoting software. And you have to set up an account for the client when you're ready to input their application online. My experience since 2006 has been primarily with IHC and United Health. Quoting and application submission is the model of simplicity with these carriers. Too bad their premiums went so high.

I believe H1 does have software you can install on your computer. Ask your rep.

I see no reason in having it when you can run quotes from workbench with internet access.

What do you mean "set up an account"? I run quotes all the time and send the link to the prospect. Takes about 2 minutes.

I believe H1 does have software you can install on your computer. Ask your rep.

I see no reason in having it when you can run quotes from workbench with internet access.

What do you mean "set up an account"? I run quotes all the time and send the link to the prospect. Takes about 2 minutes.

A Belated Thanks for the reply, Somarco. I was asking if Humana had downloadable software because I'm an old face-to-face agent. One of the reasons is because I like to sell at least 3 products at the appointment, using real-world examples and brochures.

But, since Humana is on a rate-increase binge and one of their top people said in mid-2012 that the reason for this is to rake in as much $$$ as possible before exiting the individual MajMed market, I've lost (almost) all interest in Humana-One.

Today they sent out an e-mail announcing huge premium increases for their stand-alone hospital plan. A 50% increase in Utah, of all places. Sounds like their exit strategy is right on schedule.
-ac

Humana is committed to certain states. Perhaps yours isn't one of them.

After putting in an online application with them this week, I was convinced that they're committed...to driving agents mad!

I knew it would be a pain putting in the application, but Humana is the only major company (that I know of) who won't draft the premium until the policy's effective date. For clients who just paid their existing plan's premium, this is a good feature. One of Humana's few redeeming qualities.
ac

Back