MEGA Born Again?

HealthGuy

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have heard rumblings from the frontline that MEGA is now gearing up to sell Golden Rule and maybe Assurant in some markets?

Questions for those who may know, because I know nothing about this:

1. What states are they doing this in or are they doing this nationally?

2. Is it only Golden Rule or Assurant as well?

3. How do you believe they will market these products? Will they continue to favor and push MEGA plan(s) first because MEGA may comp them more? I have no idea.

4. Will they continue to employ the same slimy sales tactics and sell the saver, or limited benefit plans from GR and/or Assurant?

Inside information and feedback, please. They DO have a HUGE sales force so their direction could have an impact.

I have heard rumblings from the frontline that MEGA is now gearing up to sell Golden Rule and maybe Assurant in some markets?

Questions for those who may know, because I know nothing about this:

1. What states are they doing this in or are they doing this nationally?

2. Is it only Golden Rule or Assurant as well?

3. How do you believe they will market these products? Will they continue to favor and push MEGA plan(s) first because MEGA may comp them more? I have no idea.

4. Will they continue to employ the same slimy sales tactics and sell the saver, or limited benefit plans from GR and/or Assurant?

Inside information and feedback, please. They DO have a HUGE sales force so their direction could have an impact.

Dime, you smoke'n tweeds again?
Stick with the occasional black tooth; you won't sleep in so late.

Mega is gone - UGA is no longer selling the Mega product. UGA is becoming InSphere and starting in Jan of 2010 word has it they will be representing most major medical carriers.

ins.dave: I'm always smoking. John: Do you think InSphere is going to school their sales force then to sell the saver and economy plans and pretty them up to be major medical and continue to F people over just like they did selling MEGA plans?

I think they'll be very well trained. Why? GR, Humana, Assurant, etc...are NOT Mega. They will not put up with consumer complaints, poor placement and poor persistency, etc...

The carriers will cancel their contacts. I also think they're well aware that something now exists called the internet...which is 100% responsible for their current demise. Knowledge is Mega's enemy.

So this time around I think what they are going to try to be in the nation's largest captive insurance agency repping many major medical carriers.

There were many "career criminals" that Mega protected; insane amount of complaints that no other carrier would ever put up with.

ins.dave: I'm always smoking. John: Do you think InSphere is going to school their sales force then to sell the saver and economy plans and pretty them up to be major medical and continue to F people over just like they did selling MEGA plans?

I sit corrected.

I have a question. If Mega is dead what will Mega agents sell in states like Maine where there is only 1 other Individual carrier...or will they have access to Anthem BC?

I would like to say hello to everyone here as this is my first post on this forum. You guys put up great input and information for insurance professionals.

I just have a quick comment on this topic. I have worked for Healthmarkets for 8 years and I'm a district manager for the last 2 of them. All I can say is that it is easy to bash the company, but I would say that it isn't about the company anymore, but has more to do with the individual agents. Ever since I have started with this company I was told to do things one way, but I have very quickly learned to take a different route and help people out there. Even thou HM has Mega, Chesapeake and different carriers there is a market for people out there if the plan is sold the right way and honest way. All I can say is they have the products, the problem is that agents seem to sell the products that are sold easy and sometimes not honestly, because it's a lot more work to sell the better plans in their portfolio. We have built a brand new office in our state and can tell you that we are always in the top 2 (either 1 or 2) every year in quality. I can care less about volume, because if people stay on the books and are happy we won. We hardly ever have complains and do really great in referrals. However I don't offer the position to everyone only those that are willing to let me show them the right way of doing business.

Insphere is a great concept and all I can say is that since Blackstone and Goldman bought UICI all the ways of doing business the shady way are going away. Those people are being let go or retrained and watched very closely. THey started HealthMarkets University for consitent training to adhere to all compliance laws etc etc. The president and CEO of the company Phil Hildebrand is unbelievable and is sending the message accross. "From now on doing business the honest way" Insphere will also not allow everyone to convert over. If you have too many complaint etc. We are going to be offering different option to best meet the needs of the consumer in all different areas. The company is has and is totaly transforming for the last 3.5 years and taking on a different approach.

It is a little unfair to judge all that work for HealthMarkets as shady, scam etc. Since there is a lot of us that only look out for the best interest of our customers. In any business you can eithere do it shady or clean and honestly it just depends on which route you take.

And the executives and management staff that were let go because of this are already starting a new UICI believe it or not, but the people that make money that way will always find a way to think only about them self and ruin lives of otheres.

Good luck to all.

Back