All WBE's Just Got Killed by FFM

Feds just castrated WBE's due to the API and double redirect.... Obama don't like no broker

I will agree that this whole system is completely biased against the broker.

The Marketplace does whatever it can to eliminate our NPN from an application and make us fight to keep our clients.

We provide a valuable service to both our clients and the insurance companies, it's too bad the people who wrote and implemented this law fail to understand that. As just one example, a client of mine (daughter of a friend) emailed me today that she spent two hours on Healthcare.gov and wound up with a result without a subsidy even though her income was $12,700 this year. I did a screen share with her, connected through my broker access through the carrier, saw duplicate applications (one with subsidy, one without), deleted the one without a subsidy that she spent two hours creating (and probably answered one question incorrectly) and enrolled her, using the correct application, in the plan she wanted. All of this took less than 10 minutes.

Had she called the Marketplace to try to figure this out it would have taken another hour and possibly left her without health insurance for 2016 since she can't afford to pay the full price.

It's too bad that agents and brokers have been marginalized by this law to the point where so many talented and experienced people have walked away in disgust. Many of us continue for the simple fact that we have long lists of clients who depend on us for help (and have done so for many years) and we feel a responsibility to keep helping them work through a system which is not only complicated but is set up to penalize the hard working middle class who make more than 400% of the Federal Poverty Level-just today another long time client found out that, because his income had increased by $1,000, he now faces a $2,350 'clawback' on his 2015 subsidy, that is just WRONG.

Last edited:
Feds just casterated WBE's due to the API and double redirect.... Obama don't like no broker

Actually this helps the independent hands on broker. It hurts ins companies with DIY er's unassited apps and big internet brokers like ehealth ect. Guys like us will be more in demand now.

Oh, you must be the one with the billion-dollar budget who keeps sending out all of those emails to Get Enrolled NOW.
I see your ads everywhere I look online.
I'll call your 24/7 manned 800-number when I need you.

Actually this helps the independent hands on broker. It hurts ins companies with DIY er's unassited apps and big internet brokers like ehealth ect. Guys like us will be more in demand now.

Nothing like spending an hour to make $6 per month. All off-exchange for me moving forward.

Oh, you must be the one with the billion-dollar budget who keeps sending out all of those emails to Get Enrolled NOW.
I see your ads everywhere I look online.
I'll call your 24/7 manned 800-number when I need you.

So your the one who keeps clicking on my ads but not buying.:skeptical:

Stop doing that it costs me $10 every time you do it!:mad:

Don't worry, Boss Man!
I'll be sending you a nice, fat check by April 15th.

In the interim, just print some phony dollar bills to cover your__________

Back