Another One Bites The Dust

Of all states, Massachusetts should have had the BEST running exchange. Prez Obama said in the campaign that he was using the RomneyCare Connector as a template..or something to that effect. I guess that's what jinxed it!

Of all states, Massachusetts should have had the BEST running exchange. Prez Obama said in the campaign that he was using the RomneyCare Connector as a template..or something to that effect. I guess that's what jinxed it!

The exchange ran great for years, but having to throw in all of the new requirements meant they basically had to start from scratch...which they refused to do. Of course, they might have received some help from brokers if they paid commissions for on-exchange plans.

The exchange ran great for years, but having to throw in all of the new requirements meant they basically had to start from scratch...which they refused to do. Of course, they might have received some help from brokers if they paid commissions for on-exchange plans.

You can tell by the lack of outrage in Oregon and Mass. that despite what the Administration believes, there isn't much pent up demand for health insurance.

Their exchanges go belly-up and there's hardly a groan from the public. Let the state lottery system crash and riots ensue!

You can tell by the lack of outrage in Oregon and Mass. that despite what the Administration believes, there isn't much pent up demand for health insurance.

Their exchanges go belly-up and there's hardly a groan from the public. Let the state lottery system crash and riots ensue!

This is a point well taken. Where is the pent up demand?

You can tell by the lack of outrage in Oregon and Mass. that despite what the Administration believes, there isn't much pent up demand for health insurance. Their exchanges go belly-up and there's hardly a groan from the public. Let the state lottery system crash and riots ensue!

I do not know about Oregon, but Massachusetts stemmed the outrage by providing temporary Medicaid to every person who applied for a subsidy through the health connector. The temporary coverage has been extended until June 1 so far, and I wouldn't be surprised if they extend it again.

Also, most people in Massachusetts already had insurance, so there wasn't the demand to begin with.

Back