The Dismantling of ObamaCare - Ongoing Updates.

The only hope the GOP has with this is to state publicly that it's the first step, which can be done via budget reconciliation. They must explain that more steps come later, which will move us to the goal of _______. Otherwise, this won't survive. Yagents, whom I respect highly, has found some things to like about it. I can see those things, but they are overwhelmed by a system-wide failure - in my opinion.

How can the Congressional Budget Office "score" the American Health Care Act, when only 1/3 of it exists at this point? I heard today that it is currently at the CBO being scored.

The only hope the GOP has with this is to state publicly that it's the first step, which can be done via budget reconciliation. They must explain that more steps come later, which will move us to the goal of _______. Otherwise, this won't survive. Yagents, whom I respect highly, has found some things to like about it. I can see those things, but they are overwhelmed by a system-wide failure - in my opinion.

What she said.

Also, it got through Ways and Means last night.

How can the Congressional Budget Office "score" the American Health Care Act, when only 1/3 of it exists at this point? I heard today that it is currently at the CBO being scored.

It's a stand-alone and complete bill, the fact that more changes are promised down the line is irrelevant.

The next bill will have it's own estimate, so on and so forth.

Anyone watching Paul Ryan discuss the ACA replacement on tv?
Sounds like a lot of the same I heard when Obama pushed the ACA. Ryan literally just pointed to a screen and said, this will lower cost because as you can see the ACA raised cost. As he pointed to an arrow pointing up.

It's a stand-alone and complete bill, the fact that more changes are promised down the line is irrelevant.

The next bill will have it's own estimate, so on and so forth.

The estimate for the American Healthcare Act won't be known until all 3 bills are written? Messy. I hope President Trump uses all his negotiation skills.

The estimate for the American Healthcare Act won't be known until all 3 bills are written? Messy. I hope President Trump uses all his negotiation skills.

No estimates necessary if no pre-ex and no mandate. No carrier =no ACA unless Repubs are investing in insurance stock and planning on switching to ASO for ACA .

Rand Paul's new 4 page replacement bill

https://www.paul.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/ObamacareReplacementActSections.pdf

Some of the stuff that I read that I like:

-2 year open enrollment for GI
-employees exclude health insurance benefit from taxes
-5k tax deduction for HSA's
-overfunding of HSA is allowed (awesome)
-HSA no longer needs high deductible
-people on Tricare and Medicare can create an HSA (really awesome)
-pay for OTC drugs with HSA funds
-HSA funds can be used for premiums (amazing)
-predate creation of HSA by tax year instead of before incidence
-federal protection for HSA asset seizure
-HSA funds can be used for prepaid fees or cash payment plans
-insurance pools created by individuals

Back