The Dismantling of ObamaCare - Ongoing Updates.

A doctor I know wrote this response on a public consumer forum when someone posited essentially the same idea.

Don't confuse the ER with real medical care.

Think the ER can treat a ureteral stone? All it can do is give you some pain pills. A urologist has no obligation to remove your stone unless you can pay for his/her services.

Look at this article from the UK:

"The operation costs £2,500 privately, £1,200 or less on the NHS if done as day surgery."

Private surgery? Now why would you pay twice as much for private surgery when the UK offers universal healthcare?

All depends on how long you want to wait.

I had a broken hand, went into the ER when I was young and without coverage, the doc gave me a sling and some meds. I had to pay $1,200 out of pocket for everything.

ER doesn't cover ****

No matter what your politics are I think we can all agree to yes President Trump" healthcare is really, really complicated"!! As a P&C Agent in 1992 due to Hurricane Andrew I lost half of my hard earned book of business in a matter of a few months. I looked to older and more experienced lifelong Agents for counsel and got from them the big 0.00 bagel!!! As an Industry we did not ask the most basic questions and always, always had simplistic solutions and tried and true fake fall guys to take the blame. This thread brings back the not so fond memories of Hurricane Andrew.

No matter what your politics are I think we can all agree to yes President Trump" healthcare is really, really complicated"!! As a P&C Agent in 1992 due to Hurricane Andrew I lost half of my hard earned book of business in a matter of a few months. I looked to older and more experienced lifelong Agents for counsel and got from them the big 0.00 bagel!!! As an Industry we did not ask the most basic questions and always, always had simplistic solutions and tried and true fake fall guys to take the blame. This thread brings back the not so fond memories of Hurricane Andrew.

We look back to try to predict the future, like the folks who say: "it's never flooded here before", meaning not since they have been there.
You might enjoy this article about someone who did predict the scope of Andrew right before it happened, was correct, then made a career out of being in the risk prediction business, actually about 2 people.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/26/magazine/26neworleans-t.html

But that doesn't really matter come May 22nd, Trump will have the ability to drive a stake into the heart of Obamacare i.e. subsidies

Obamacare 'Explosion' Could Come On May 22nd, Here's Why | Zero Hedge

Probably everyone on this forum understands that. Talking heads dance around the whole issue and never reference claims PMPM and trend. Both are a function of procedure price and utilization.

Anyone that's talked to hourly workers understands that a $5,000 deductible isn't considered to be useful insurance and many are unwilling to pay any premium for that plan design. No subsidy and no pay = poor participation and high utilization. Simple arithmetic.

We have contracts in place until 12/31 then "boom" unless something changes. Perhaps 1 more year if other entities like state kick in but those out of the subsidy will dro unless they are really sick and have money.

What a failure, and they're gonna try it again next week!

They either bought off more politicians, or they've fully gone off the deep end.

But that doesn't really matter come May 22nd, Trump will have the ability to drive a stake into the heart of Obamacare i.e. subsidies

Obamacare 'Explosion' Could Come On May 22nd, Here's Why | Zero Hedge

I don't know how big Anthem is in specific markets, but it's looking like the company won't participate in most of them for 2018.

Big Obamacare insurer Anthem seen 'leaning toward exiting' many areas

The big red "Obamacare Meltdown in Progress!!" sign might start flashing before May 22nd.. prompting some kind of significant action from Congress. Hopefully not some stupid knee-jerk bailout of ObamaCare!

We look back to try to predict the future, like the folks who say: "it's never flooded here before", meaning not since they have been there.
You might enjoy this article about someone who did predict the scope of Andrew right before it happened, was correct, then made a career out of being in the risk prediction business, actually about 2 people.
New Orleans - Hurricane Katrina - Housing - Insurance - Natural Disasters and Storms - Real Estate - The New York Times

GREAT ARTICLE! Thanks!! As a lifelong Conservative I have a real prejudice in regards to the NYT so.............. gota keep an open mind. Weird thing about Hurricane Andrew( I changed hats and worked it as an Adjuster 3 months of Hell but great $$$$$$) is that it missed it's target Miami, and struck south, then on to unpopulated Everglades, had it Miami Beach the greatest$$$$ loss in US History.

Back